miners found alive!!!!

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by Phil Washburn, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    breaking news - check your local channel :D

2. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    wow, great news! :) I'm watching it on cnn right now!

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Prayers answered by an awesome God! Sympathy to the family that may have lost a loved one.

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was falling alseep & then the headline came on, thought I was dreaming. I am so glad for this!

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    3:00AM-in a terrible & horrible change of events, the miners are not alive, only i was found alive & he is uncon & now on a ventalater. Words cant express how the chill went through my bones watching CNN when a town resident was telling the reporter about this.

May God be w/ them & their families.

6. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    I heard that on the radio a bit ago Mellon. I guess miracles really do happen...at least it did this time. :D

7. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    OOPS, I guess it was Phil reporting that...and now...the news is saying that report by the news was wrong...how sad. Strength be with their families. :sad:

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I went to bed thinking all survived but one and now read this devastating news on here. It is with a heavy heart that I awakened today, while reading this. My sympathies and prayers go out to the families of this tragic turn of events. May God help them find peace.

9. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    My sympathy and prayers go out to the families of the miners who were lost, and for the one that is still alive. May God lift his spirit and strengthen his heart and muscles and heal him.

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Going to bed about 1 the news said all were alive. CNN were interviewing family members and the joy on their face. This is very sad news, wonder how it went from 12 alive to 1??

11. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    what a devastating emotional ride for the survivors :crying:

12. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    wow, I woke up this morning to see that only one survivor was alive. I'm very sorry for the familys. They are all in my prayers.

13. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    What I can't understand is,why they waited 3 hours before they told them that the news reported was wrong. They let thier loved ones think for 3 hours that 12 of them were alive.

14. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    One of my Freshman Wrestlers is one of the miners Grandson. Please keep Darnells family in your prayers. Thanks

15. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Man my grandpa died in a coal mine in West Virginia :crying: .....it's a dangerous job I reckon.....Tea, his family is in my prayers.

Zakk.

16. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    I will also, Tea.

17. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I dont think the mining company intentionally screwed up in the wrong announcement being made.
    I work in the construction enviroment at times and good communication is a premium.
    background noises on today's modern digital devices wreak hell on voice quality.
    It may have taken them 3 hours to realize their initial communication was in error.
    It could have been avoided entirely with a good protocol for communication or a little thought but it was in the heat of the moment.

I feel for the families and I think the real question that needs to be answered is how long were they alive.
    The rescuers went in on foot and stopped to fix ventilation fans as they went.

At the risk of more lives I probally would have bird dogged atleast a 3 man crew ahead while a small crew worked on getting fans up and running along the way but I aint no miner or a rescuer.
    With the equipment these guys have I dont think getting the ventilation up and running was as imperative as getting to the men in this situation knowing that their breathing devices would only last so long. It just sounds like fighting fire from charred ground instead of from what has yet to be burned to me.
    Correct me if I'm wrong in this assumption.

18. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks guys, it is much appreciated. They did a story on him and his grandpa last night on channel 4.

19. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Yep, a very mistake made! We were trained in the Army to make darn sure the info we put out was correct.!! :eek: :eek:

20. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    best ive been able to figure out is that the initial report of them being alive was made by someone who overheard a radio transmission and against the orders of sago mine executives placed a cell phone call to a family member in the chruch. a fox news reporter outside the church heard the immediate cheering and reported the story of 12 miners alive. in time im sure cell phone records should reveal just who called and when.

how is this the mine's fault?