Mimic Minnows?

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by Gibbzilla, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I bought some o' these soft lures at Bass Pro Shops that they call Mimic Minnows from Northland tackle. They're these little glittery holographic looking minnow lures, that supposedly make a swimmin motion as you reel it through the water. I probably won't be using it until February or March when the largemouth fishin gets hot, but I was just wonderin if anybody had ever used these things before, and what were your results? Thanks. :big_smile:

2. firefighteremtb78

firefighteremtb78 New Member

State:
    IL
    I bought some from bass pro also. They are supposed to be wonderful. I havent even got a bite with them as soon as switched back to plastic worm boom got several.

3. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    i bought some from bass pro too. they look like they might work while in the store, but they wont catch a thing.

4. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    The STORM swimbaits (2" pumpkinseed pattern) work great in the winter for deeper bass in the pond where I fish. Some days I'll catch right in shallow weeds, others will be at the bottom of the pond, but they ALWAYS catch bass, just make sure to take the treble hook off the bottom to prevent constant snagging. They also make big 3" ones for those big or just plain greedy ones!