millwood lake

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by snoman774, Feb 21, 2008.

1. snoman774

snoman774 New Member

State:
    fouke,ar
    hey guys im new to the forum, been reading for a couple of days now, now im ready for the low down on millwood lake i fished a little below the dam last year did pretty good end of oct through nov. 10 to 15 6-9 lbeers every weekend for about 5 weeks just bought a boat a few weeks ago an cant wait to get out on the lake.

2. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    Welcome to the BOC Chris. Your gonna love it here. I too have fished below Milwood. Very good at times. Don't forget about the Red river there close to you too. There is for dern sure some good fishing there. Good luck with your new boat and your fishing. I'm not far from you so if I can ever help, just give me a holler.

don3778

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    you want to watch running that lake its full of lower units because of the stumps.you might want to check out the little river off hy.71 out of ashdown ive done real well on flatheads there.

4. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Well i don't fish millwood...but welcome to the HOOD!!:smile2:

5. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    depending on what your fishing for you can launch at jacks isle and motor out to the river take a left and you will go up river. There are a few places up the river off the beaten path to fish. One place is called mud lake. Alot of bass fishermen go there but it looks good for about anything. If your launching at the state park then watch out for storms that open water will white cap with you in a hurry. You also can go to scarborough landing fishin is pretty good over that way too. When the shad are running fish below the damn for big stripers. Use a Zarra spook with glitter and when you see a shad pop the top of the water just cast right on top of it. Most of the time a striper will hit. I caught alot of them there doing that years ago when I lived in ashdown. Good Luck and welcome to the BOC.