Millwood Lake in arkansas

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by R. D. Hilton, Apr 8, 2006.

1. R. D. Hilton

R. D. Hilton Active Member

State:
    tx
    Hi yall I am new to the forum and would like a little info on millwood lake . What kind of bait works best for channel cat ? Rod & reel and jugs. Thanks

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Ronnie, Welcome to the B.O.C. Enjoy your stay here. To reply to your question, I have not fished Millwood. Maybe you can get One of the Arkansas members to respond to your question.

3. 8898dan

8898dan New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Im also new to the forum, but I have fished millwood. We fished at night with yoyos and jugs. Caught many crappie, blues, and channels on bass minnows on the yoyos and several channels on stinkbait on the jugs. Most of the channels we caught were small, but we did catch a 15# blue on a yoyo. Note: use extreme caution on this lake. We only fished at night because when the sun came up after our first night, we were nearly swamped by 500 bass boats doing about 60 mph down the river channel while we were trying to pick up our yoyos. They are pretty crazy on that lake. I have not gone back because of it. However, I have fished the Little River which comes out of it many times. It is full of nice blues, but we only rod and reel fish it because the first time we ran trotlines on it, the alligators tore them up. No kidding!

4. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Welcome to the BOC guys, Marion Arkansas here, give me a shout and lets fish

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Welcome to the BOC, y'all. When I bait with shad or skipjack, I catch mostly blues; probably 4 out of 5. I tried cut bream once, and didn't catch a blue; just channels. Now, one time don't necessarily mean anything, so take that with a few grains of salt.

6. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey there Ronnie and Daniel, I've never fished Millwood so I ain't much help. I just wanted to say Welcome to the Brotherhood. We are glad you're here.

ST

7. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    I'm like SeedTick, never fished it before. But nonetheless, Welcome Aboard.

8. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Same with me, never fished it. However, I did want to welcome you guys and invite you to post often.

9. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    And don't forget that we're having a gathering down at Wilbur Mills dam the weekend of June 16. Y'all come down there, y'hear?

10. shepdog

shepdog New Member

State:
    Sherwood, Ar
    Ronnie,
    I wouldn't think that Millwood would be any different than any other lake. Find what the natural fish are in the lake and the cats should be feeding on them. If all else fails go to the trusty old chicken liver. I don't think I have ever struck out totaly on chicken liver. As for the bass fishermen, I know what you mean about their speed. I have thought about "accidently" placing a trotline in their path. I know they don't look out for anything when they are flying up and down the water. That might slow them down a bit.

11. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Ronnie and Daniel, welcome to the BOC. Chicken liver is a sure fire bait on just about any lake. Good luck.

12. BigB

BigB New Member

State:
    Van Buren, Arkansas
    i used to fish millwood about 10 years ago. most of the lake is pretty shallow.when they flooded it it filled in several smaller lakes. get a map and find the deeper holes(old lakes) fish on the dropoffs. i always had good luck with whole or cut shad they are plentiful on this lake. good luck