Millrace Park In Columbus

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by IndyMedicGuy, May 26, 2008.

1. IndyMedicGuy

IndyMedicGuy New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Anyone fish the East fork of the White River from Millrace park in Columbus? Just curious if there are any decent spots to bank fish from and if there are any fish in that stretch?

2. bigcatkev

bigcatkev New Member

State:
    indiana
    Yes there are lots of bank spots to fish around mill race park. The dam has a pretty good sand bar to fish from and there is another sandbar were flat rock river i believe comes into white river right in the park. I live in columbus so if you need any help just give me a shout. Also the little pond in the park is loaded with big shad.

3. IndyMedicGuy

IndyMedicGuy New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well sounds like a place I will have to check out. Might head down there today. Have you caught anything big from there? Is it mostly channels or are there some flatheads and blue's there too? Guess I will have to go catch me some shad then go after the cats!

4. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
    Ive never caught a blue there, but there are some really nice flatties and channels in the stretch upstream from the boat ramp. And like Bigcatkev said, you can get all the bait you want from the ponds in the park. the ramp there is pretty nice also and plenty deep to launch almost any type of boat.

5. IndyMedicGuy

IndyMedicGuy New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Unfortunately the whole park is under water for awhile.

6. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
    That will just make the bait catching easier in the ponds. I really fell for the residents down there.