Mill Creek Park in Marshall IL

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by puck55, Jun 27, 2007.

1. puck55

puck55 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    any one know of this place where are some honey holes i dont think the fishing would be good on this becoz of the high speed traffic and help would be appreciatied!!!!

2. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    When I lived in Illinois, most people I have talked to speak highly of Mill Creek for its crappie fishing. I havent heard anything good about the catfishing there.

3. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I've heard mixed reviews. A lot of people are pissed because they have raised the daily pass price to a point where you are almost as well off buying a season pass.

I've heard good blue gill and crappie towards the south end of the lake. There are a bunch of submerged tree stumps. I have also heard of good channel cat fishing in the 3-7 lbs range. This is a very deep lake. You will see what I mean. Regardless, its a beautiful lake. Very scenic so i'm sure you would enjoy.

Good luck!

4. puck55

puck55 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    i've been going the last couple weekends and catching some nice channels one was 10lbs and the rest some nice eater fish

5. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    i fish mill creek a lot. i like fishing north of the bridge in the trees at night. there's another cove with flooded timber at the end of "seven mile branch". there's an old flooded logging road down there too. buy one of the lake maps at the gatehouse. they earmark all this stuff. there's a lot of catfish in this lake though. about any cove with a moss line will suffice. i use stick bobbers adjusted from 4 to 10 foot. let it drift against the mossline...

6. puck55

puck55 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    thats awesome give me a hollar sometime