Military Read This

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SSG Johnson, Jul 9, 2006.

1. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    I have just returned from a trip to Florida, Orlando to be exact. I found out the you can go to Sea World or Bush Gardens for free. Any Anheuser Bush owned park. You and 3 or 4 more people get in free with your military ID. My whole family went to sea world for free.

While at the park we went to see the Orca whale show and at the beginning of the show one of the trainers came out and with all the passion in the world began to speak about the military. Near the end of her speech she asked all the Military members and their families to stand. We received a round of applause, whistles, and then a standing ovation that lasted about 5 mins. I choked back the tears as the pride wheeled up in me to the reaction of all these people there had to have been 2-3 thousand people and only 25 or so military families. It was truly aw some and one of the highlights of the trip for me and my family as well. I don't drink but if I did Budweiser would be my brand of choice esp. now that they took the time to remember the Military and let me and my family in the park for free. The tickets for the park are something like $60.00 for and adult and 35.00 for kids. I was even given a wrist band that said remember the hero's. What a awsome tribute to the Military.

Thank You Anheuser Bush

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    what John said....

3. shotdemducks

shotdemducks New Member

State:
    kansas
    You all should get more than free entry into the park in my opinion. This should come free from everyone you talk to everyday,"THANKS TO ALL SERVICE MEN AND WOMEN,ACTIVE OR INACTIVE".

4. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    That is awesome, thanks for sharing!
    More importantly, THANKS FOR SERVING!

5. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    That is great of them to do that for the services. Thank you for doing what you do for us.

6. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I believe my next beer will be a Michelob.

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I am glad to see a company reconigizing you guys. Yall deserve it for the things you do and have done for this country.

8. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Thanks for sharing Chuck. Most of the parks in southern California offer entrance like this every year. my family and I always end up at Sea World and Knotts Berry Farm. I know what ya mean about the pride you felt when they asked you to stand. When I first got back from Iraq, we went. When they asked all military to stand I was a bit embarrassed with all the attention. My wife said to me, "you deserve it". So I stood up with all the other troops. It was a bit overwhelming to say the least.

9. catfishsteve

catfishsteve New Member

State:
    Omaha, NE
    That's very cool of them to do. Small price to pay to show some appreciation for the great men and women of our armed services and especially their families at home who make great sacrifices as their loved ones protect and serve all of us.

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Now thats great! I wish more perks liek that would come. I've often said that you should be tax free when in the military and more things like that.

11. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    thanks for sharing chuck.

Anheuser Bush has been behind us all the way. when i was in Afghanistan, they sent really quality coins over to us to say thanks for what we do. it was a really kewl gesture. not many companies will do such a thing. i know that there are some theme parks that let military in free, and most of the rest will give a nice discount. the closest i've been in your shoes was one time that i went home. it was when my best friend had just gotten home from boot camp for the marines, when i got home from boot camp and tech school for the air force, he threw me a party and i was doing the same for him.. well we wore our dress uniforms to the school, just to go visit teachers and such... little did we know that they were having a pep rally that afternoon, the principle ended up wanting us to come to the pep rally in uniform... he added a little section in the pep rally to honor us for going into the military... we were from a small town and a small school, and we were the only 2 of our graduating class to join... everyone was cheering and clapping, i'm nearly tearing up right now just reflecting on it... it was just an awesome thing for the school to do for us... its also a day that i will never forget.

rep points for sharing your story.

12. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Chuck that is great! I think more places should do the same. You guys have earned it!

We went to Bush Gardens a few years back, it was fun.

Thank you for serving our country.