Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
4,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's some pics of what used to be the boat slips at the military marina on Milford Lake, after the "breeze" we had blow though last night. What you're seeing up in the air, are the floats that are normally holding the slips up, the roof is underneath on the rocks.

When Jay called, he said he was going there to put in, awhile later he called and told me what he found.

Jerald and me took a ride up, this is what we seen.

Met Jay later over at the Timber Creek boat ramp.

Attachments

· Registered
5,832 Posts
Seems like they would've anchored the slips down,it appears the wind just flipped the slips,fairly easy fix.nice lookin' place though.they should have yall up and runnin pretty quik.

· Registered
744 Posts
Did they ever get that flipped back over? As I was trailering the boat to go get a bite to eat they were pulling cables across the cove and getting ready to try and flip it back over with a tractor. I talked to a guy who worked there and he was telling me that they had a few boats they found in the next cove and one flipped if I remember right. We were kind of looking at it when we were boating by and the cables that tied it to the bank had cut right through all that aluminum when it rolled over. Pretty incredible the power that wind must have had. Its too bad, but the guy said they were fully insured. Anyone know if they're going to close that area for a while or how long? Its a nice area to put a boat in.

· Registered
4,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Steve, yeah, we heard them flopping it back over and dragging it up the ramp last night while we were at the Timber Creek boat ramp.

Attachments

· Registered
744 Posts
Jim was there any boats in the slips when it flipped??
Tom, when I talked to that guy, I don't know if he was the manager or just a guy who works there, he said they weren't able to get all the boats out of the marina. He said they found a few boats in the next cove and one was flipped. They got some of the boats off the lake before it appeared, but I imagine the ones they couldn't get off were damaged in some way. Especially the one they said flipped.

· Registered
4,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hope they get it up by Friday. It is the closest boat ramp to me and I plan on going that day.
Give me a holler when you're heading this way Matt, maybe me and Jerald can meet you over there. When we looked yesterday, the ramp had a barrier put up so you couldn't get down it. Some pieces of the dock were still at the top. I'll try to get by there before Friday and let you know whether it's open or not.

· Registered
297 Posts
Will do. Taking my little brother from Chicago out for a boat ride that day. You should come by and meet him or maybe we will stop by to say hi. Hopefully we can catch a bigger monster than that 1 pounder last week LOL.

· Registered
4,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All those boats are rentals for Soldiers. Uncle Sam will cover the repair costs.
You're absolutely right Bennett, Uncle Sam will cover the cost of repair, and GUESS where he gets the money to do that, UH, US.:=:):Money:

Actually, just the ORIGINAL cost came from us, Cory said they did have insurance which will pay the replacement cost, which I'm sure came from the same source.:wink::laugh:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.