Military Affiliation

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catsrking, Jun 15, 2006.

1. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    You may or may not already be aware, but for those who are not, the below link has lots of good info about travel offers, accommodations, camping and outdoor recreation for those affiliated with the military. Many different locations.

www.militaryliving.com

Another site for military discount offers is:

http://img.military.com/misc/DC/DealIndex.jsp

Check 'em out - hopefully are useful.

2. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Thanks Tom, might actually be something there of use to me. I havn't looked at all the links and info yet, but I will.

Will will be traveling to Fort Benning, GA. in a few days. Headed down to see my son graduate from boot camp. Army Airborne Infintry. How's that for a Fathers Day present.

Thanks again for the info.

3. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Actually YES, but not yet.
    He first graduates bootcamp, then starts his jump training while at Fort Benning, He will then get transfered to Fort Bragg and join up with the 82nd there. He is thrilled as am I.

Let me tell you, I am one proud papa!

4. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    And rightfully so. My congrats to you and your son.

5. Myname

Myname New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Rightfully so; you and your son should be very proud. It is a great feeling to be surrounded by "legs" (non-jumpers) and know that you are the best man there. I'm sure that Clif and any other jumpers, past and present, will agree.

I'm not sure if it's still around, but we had a saying in 1966 that was considered a joke among paratroops but was cause for a fight if said by a leg: There are only two things that fall ouit of the sky - bird sh!t and idiots.:lol:

One other thing - you may notice a metalic sound when your son walks by. You have to have balls of steel to jump and they do tend to clang together while walking.

Have a nice day and I am proud for you and your son.