Milford

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by sand rat, Nov 29, 2009.

1. sand rat

sand rat New Member

State:
    kansas
    Took #1 son to Milford yesterday, drifting for Blues. Went to the west side of the lake this time to look at the water over their. Put on the water at sunrise, in case it was a morning bite.

Well first fish came at 9:00 on an 8in. shad head, Id estimate it was around 18lb. On that drift we had to others slam the rods but no hook up.

Second, third and forth fish came at 11:00 on gut pockets 3-5 lb. on a different drift. Nothing the rest of the day until about 4:00, one slam, no hook up, and then our last fish a 3lb.er on a gut pocket.

Wasn't a really good day, but it sure wasn't a bad one either, only saw 3 other boats on the lake and they were Crappie fishing.

Sand Rat

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Nice report Travis...It would of been a great day to be out there.
    Post some pictures if you have some.

I was out there on Fri and we only seen two other boats.Nice fishing this time of the yr with no other boats out there.

3. sand rat

sand rat New Member

State:
    kansas
    Sorry about the bad pic. Took them on a phone. I'm no picture taker, and #1 son wanted me to let ya know he is 6ft 5in and scales at 300lb so he makes things look a little on the small side.

I forgot to mention all the Blues I have been able to find and catch in the last 3 trips to Milford have come in 35-50 ft. of water. Haven't seen any schooling of shad yet, scattered and everywhere you look. Not any of the massive balls you see in winter, just the small normal balls. Find the bait find the Blues? The bait is everywhere you look.

On Sat. I targeted steeper banks and channel breaks. Next trip Ill look a School Creek. I was fishing arround West rolling hills and Curtis creek.

Sand Rat

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  4. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    #1 Son would make a BIG fish look small:smile2:

Nice pictures though.Thanks for the report.

5. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Nice pics Travis. Dont see Milford that calm that often.:smile2:

6. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Travis, normally Milford Lake Cats don't start eating till around ten AM, (they know that's when I start Catfishing):roll_eyes::wink:, AND, if they don't see a beer in your hand, that kinda puts them off too. I'll have to get "unlazy" and put the Catoon in one of these days.:smile2::smile2:

As for the shad, when I run Cody in the mornings, I've seen hundreds of gulls working the shad way in the back of the coves. I've also been seeing quite a few on the ramps, threw my net yesterday, late afternoon and got a nice mess.

Thanks for the pics, glad you had some luck.

7. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Was gonna fish by the main lake area today where we were last night, came down the road, got to where I could see the water, DAMN, look at all the ducks, geez, those are decoys:eek:oooh::roll_eyes::smile2:, so I just turned around and headed home. They must've come from across the lake, as there were no trucks/trailers at the ramps, or vehicles on the road leading to the lake.

8. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Your a good guy Jim.Most would of just went on down there and screwed up the duck hunters,buy fishing to close to their set-up.I have duck hunted all my life and this happen many time's after a lot of work setting the decoys out.Reps to you