MILFORD, WAKEFIELD AREA

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by ksgoosekillr, Jan 20, 2010.

1. ksgoosekillr

ksgoosekillr Member

State:
    Kansas
    Any of you guys been up to the west end of the lake lately? Around wakefield? How is the ice looking? Ramps still iced in? Im planning on checkin it out sat and was hoping someone could give me an idea of conditions ahead of time.

2. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    All the ramps are iced in at Milford

3. Tuttlecat

Tuttlecat Active Member

State:
    Wamego, Kansas,
    What Jay said

I would GUESS there is 8" of ice yet?

Looking for maybe 50 degrees Saturday though......it won't be long. Hope the shad are there somewhere.

4. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Calling for rains Fri& Sat.This will get some ice off the lakes if it happens.

Local lake here today has water standing on it.It wont be long before it opens up.

COME ON SUN!!!:fingers-crossed::pray::pray:

5. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    still 6in. today on perry. some rain, sun, and wind should get em opened up pretty quick

6. ksgoosekillr

ksgoosekillr Member

State:
    Kansas
    took a drive sunday.... fished the spillway for a bit but like jay posted current was too strong to fish close.... was using small cut shad and had no bites, they closed the gates sunday evening so that bite might pick up. Drove the entire lake checking the ice and found nothing fishable except by the military land, few trucks parked down there so we didnt give it a go. Smaller area lakes are opening up, and kanopolis had open water and one usable ramp as of 1/26, wont be long now, goign to check my shad hole later today to see if i can launch for bait....

7. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Bill posted picture of Melvern at the upper end at the Sundance area.Lots of open water after the winds we had on Sun-Mon.Plus the ramps open at Sundance as well..

I know where I will be this weekend..