milford news - any good locations to easily catfish this fishing area?

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by duane kingsbury, Apr 4, 2009.

1. duane kingsbury

duane kingsbury New Member

State:
    kansas
    Hi guys I would like to thank you again for all the warm welcomes to this great site. I will be at milford friday morning and maybe by myself without a boat. Is there anyone who could tell me some good places to fish from the bank. I kinda have bad knees so the closer without to many rocks to climb down would be the best. I have had some issues!!! with rip-rap in the past that I don't want to repeat especially by myself. Overall I am looking forward to a great weekend. Hope the weather cooperates. Maybe by the middle of next week I will have posts to find out more info.
    duane

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Get with Jim (Catfish Fever), he has bad knees too.:embarassed: He wont walk more than 10 feet to go fishin.:crazy::smile2:
    He is the man for bank fishin Milford. Most of the time you dont even have to leave your truck.:smile2:

3. duane kingsbury

State:
    kansas
    thank you arkriver I will try to catch him, but not with a hook ha ha
    duane

4. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Get yourself 10 post and then you can send/receive PM's (private messages). Then send one to Jim Leonard (Catfish Fever) and I'm sure he will give you his phone number. Just don't call him early in the morning like before noon. LOL

And yea he is good at catching fish without leaving the cat mobile. LOL :smile2:

5. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Or you can get his phone number from someone and give him a call at about 6:00am.

Disclaimer: Don't really call Jim early in the morning, he doesn't seem to appreciate it. :smile2:

6. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Gary You first!! :eek:oooh::eek:oooh::smile2:

7. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Ill do it for 50 bucks.:eek:oooh::smile2:

8. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Nah, Then I would miss out on getting some of that catfish jerky at the gathering :smile2:

9. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    I was gonna call you a not so nice name Gary,but your "disclaimer" saved you:wink::smile2:

10. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    YOU AIN'T:sad2: getting any SMOKED CATFISH:smile2:

11. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Duane, welcome to the BOC, here's my cell number 785 761 1470, just don't bother calling before 10AM, I won't hear it, I leave my phone on the other end of the house, and it's turned off:wink::smile2:

12. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Caught some more Blues today, just three, a 3.5, 4+ and a 5+. I think this is the third place I've posted that:smile2:Oh yeah, from the shore Duane, I was sitting in my truck, out of the wind, coming from behind and over our heads:eek:oooh::wink::smile2:

13. duane kingsbury

State:
    kansas
    hi jim,
    thank you for the cell # I will give you a holler when I get to milford certainly after 10.00 . I live in dorrance, which is 60 miles west of salina. I have a little farm out in the country. All the kids have grown up and left the nest, so its just me and the little mrs. She doesn't like to fish, but she knows I love to fish and it gives her time without me around getting in her way around the house.
    talk to you later, duane

14. flatheadcat4u

flatheadcat4u New Member

State:
    Westmoreland, K
    glad your here man keep coming back milford is a very nice lake:roll_eyes:

15. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Duane, you're more than welcome to bring your "little mrs." with you, she can visit with the Frau while we go Catfishing:wink:. Uh, you do drink beer maybe?:smile2:

16. duane kingsbury

State:
    kansas
    when the horse was asked if he had been eating oats, his reply was A Feeewwww.

17. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    :eek:oooh::roll_eyes::smile2::smile2:

18. duane kingsbury

State:
    kansas
    seen you were on line so howdy, this weather sucks but it is supposed to be nice this weekend. looking forward to wetting a line and meeting you. I should be there fairly early, where would be a good place to throw net for some shad?
    duane

19. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Duane, right now I haven't seen any, any where. I go to both boatramps just about every morning looking, a few main lake areas, just haven't seen any. We've been have pretty fair luck with frozen sides and guts though. Haven't tried any dips or punch baits yet, just been having to good time with the other stuff. I can help you out with some frozen shad though.:wink: Where do you plan on fishing?

I'm thinking about going down to the tube tomorrow morning and putting a longer line on my throw net, see if I can get lucky, I'll let you know. I read where some one on another thread did that and had some luck(?).

20. duane kingsbury

State:
    kansas
    I plan on camping at school creek, but I probaby will move around quite a bit. I do have some shrimp and turker livers. I will probaby buy some worms.