Milford lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by tkoehler, Jul 20, 2008.

1. tkoehler

tkoehler New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    this will be my first trip for a couple buddies and I. Just wanted to find out if there are areas that produce better than others. heard some people talking that the spillway produce some potentially really nice cats. Any suggestions would be great.

2. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    are you bank or boat fishing?

3. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    What Caleb said, I'll try to steer you to spots I've caught Cats at.
    It's been kinda slow last couple of days. If you have'nt made plans for the date yet, I'd suggest waiting till later in August. Lake's running over 80 degree's bigger Cat's are in the deeper water.

4. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I was out all night Friday and most of the day Saturday. Caught several cats, but nothing over 10 inches. We fished everything from 3 foot to 40 foot of water. Caught fish in every spot, but all were the same size, 10 inches and under. Seen a boat at the dock in Wakefield when we came in that had 2 stringers of cats between 2-5 pounds. He said they caught them all under the bridge at the causeway. There happen to be a long trout line under the bridge when I went by there Friday night. I suspect that it was their trout line and that is how they caught them.
    Seem like I happen to be in that tunnel every time you call Jim. They weren't biting in there either though.:smile2:

5. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Jay, yeah, I've seen that trotline there, it's been there quite awhile. Jerald and me tried drifting the North side, didn't do anything there, or on the South side either. This past weekend the Grandson and me caught a few shore fishing, nothing very big though.