Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
Richard, welcome to the BOC. No POOP here:big_smile:, now as far as information goes, I caught a few eaters the past couple times out, biggest was 3.5lbs. I'ts still a little slow. Few more warm days and I'm sure it'll pick up.

·
Registered
8,122 Posts
Welcome to the BOC Richard.

·
Banned
3,543 Posts
I hit Milford Friday night. Fished from 7:00 pm till 3:00 am. I have never gotten so skunked in my life. Not only did I not catch anything, I never even got a bite in 8 hours. I tried everyplace I could think of. I tried the cliffs at Wakefield, 2 drifts across the flats on both North and South side the causeway, anchor fishing on structure in several spots up north, and went down south about 4 miles where the flats end (or begin depending on which way you are traveling) and drops to 40' of water, still nothing. Water surface temp up north was 49° and 40° down South. Was fishing with shad sides, guts and even tried a shad head. I seen lots of fish on sonar but never even got a bite. Maybe it was the full moon out that turned them off.

·
Registered
7,332 Posts
Jay thanks for thr report must of been the moon or something.I been hoping to hear a report on Milford been itching to get out there and try my luck.
I would think the cats would get going there soon.
Maybe with the big shad die off their just gutted right now.

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
Jay and Tom, Jerald and me have been shore fishing, we're not breaking any records, but we have been catching some Cat's, nothing big, 2.5 to 3.5 lbs mostly. Majority on guts, Jerald's caught a couple on J-Pigg punch bait.
Jay, we've had the same experience with the moon, it'll be dark and we'll be pulling them in pretty steady, soon as the moon would hit the water, BAM, no more Cat's. It's weird, seeing as how that's supposed to be the "good" time. Come visit and fish with us, we'll give you some pointers:roll_eyes::big_smile:

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
Cory, like the old cliche goes, "you should've been here a month ago". There were shad all over the lake shore. We just got a lot of 5 gallon buckets full and gutted them. Had the same problem here last year, if you could find them, you might have to pay as much as 9 bucks a pint. There are still lots of shad on the shorlines, but they're pretty much dried out or to rotten.

·
Registered
199 Posts
My bad! It is on the East side of the lake. It is the gas station/bait shop (Jim's) on Hwy.77 at the intersection that you would turn west to go to the State Park.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
14 mph winds out of the southeast tomorrow evening. All you Milford guys, is that a good set up for fishing for blues out there? If so , I might just have to go throw back some cold ones with Jim tomorrow evening. Looks like scattered thunderstorms might halt my walleye trip at Hillsdale dam tomorrow night.

·
Registered
7,332 Posts
Should be dang good for the west side of the lake and upper end flats for sure.Plus gust to 25 mph i heard that's even better.
Keith you better load up and head out there.Might be the trip you haul the Biggin to the net.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.