milford lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by 01richard, Mar 9, 2008.

1. 01richard

01richard New Member

State:
    kansas wichita
    anybody been to milford yet this year and if so how did it go

2. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    CatfishFever will give you the straight poop on Milford (unless he suddenly got bashful).

3. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Richard, welcome to the BOC. No POOP here:big_smile:, now as far as information goes, I caught a few eaters the past couple times out, biggest was 3.5lbs. I'ts still a little slow. Few more warm days and I'm sure it'll pick up.

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Richard.

5. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    Good to see another Kansas fella in the group!

6. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I hit Milford Friday night. Fished from 7:00 pm till 3:00 am. I have never gotten so skunked in my life. Not only did I not catch anything, I never even got a bite in 8 hours. I tried everyplace I could think of. I tried the cliffs at Wakefield, 2 drifts across the flats on both North and South side the causeway, anchor fishing on structure in several spots up north, and went down south about 4 miles where the flats end (or begin depending on which way you are traveling) and drops to 40' of water, still nothing. Water surface temp up north was 49° and 40° down South. Was fishing with shad sides, guts and even tried a shad head. I seen lots of fish on sonar but never even got a bite. Maybe it was the full moon out that turned them off.

7. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Jay thanks for thr report must of been the moon or something.I been hoping to hear a report on Milford been itching to get out there and try my luck.
    I would think the cats would get going there soon.
    Maybe with the big shad die off their just gutted right now.

8. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Jay and Tom, Jerald and me have been shore fishing, we're not breaking any records, but we have been catching some Cat's, nothing big, 2.5 to 3.5 lbs mostly. Majority on guts, Jerald's caught a couple on J-Pigg punch bait.
    Jay, we've had the same experience with the moon, it'll be dark and we'll be pulling them in pretty steady, soon as the moon would hit the water, BAM, no more Cat's. It's weird, seeing as how that's supposed to be the "good" time. Come visit and fish with us, we'll give you some pointers:roll_eyes::big_smile:

9. bigredcatfish

bigredcatfish New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Are you guys having a time getting your hands on guts?? I can't find a jar in Nebraska. How can I get some?? Any help??

10. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Cory they are like gold around here also.I cant find any anywhere.

11. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Cory, like the old cliche goes, "you should've been here a month ago". There were shad all over the lake shore. We just got a lot of 5 gallon buckets full and gutted them. Had the same problem here last year, if you could find them, you might have to pay as much as 9 bucks a pint. There are still lots of shad on the shorlines, but they're pretty much dried out or to rotten.

12. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Jim's bait on the West side of the lake by the State Park I was told had a lot of jars about a week ago. Both frozen and thowed.

13. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Ryan where is this at by the state park???

14. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    My bad! It is on the East side of the lake. It is the gas station/bait shop (Jim's) on Hwy.77 at the intersection that you would turn west to go to the State Park.

15. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    The sign at the bait shop in Clay Center says they have them. Otis & Wendy's is the name of it.

16. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Guys I found some up north of Topeka $9.50 a jar...how many cases do you guys want..Hee!Hee!

17. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    14 mph winds out of the southeast tomorrow evening. All you Milford guys, is that a good set up for fishing for blues out there? If so , I might just have to go throw back some cold ones with Jim tomorrow evening. Looks like scattered thunderstorms might halt my walleye trip at Hillsdale dam tomorrow night.

18. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Should be dang good for the west side of the lake and upper end flats for sure.Plus gust to 25 mph i heard that's even better.
    Keith you better load up and head out there.Might be the trip you haul the Biggin to the net.

19. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    yeah !! ya might end up with more than a 1 eyed carp !! :smile2:

20. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I need to get me a big lake blue. My pb so far is 25 lbs. , and that was from the Kaw at 435 last year.