Milford Lake walleyes

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by breadboy, Jul 3, 2006.

1. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hi guys,

I am having an interest for catching walleyes, and will be in in Chapman around july 12-13, not sure yet. We are probably going to get a new boat (16' Lowe Big Jon) to drag with us to Kansas. Any rigs or tips? I also want to know what water areas to find them. Thanks.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I don't know the area but one rig is a jighead with a minnow attached to it. I am sure there are a lot more rigs out there. But alas this is the only one I know since I have never fished for walleye. Good luck

3. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    ok thanks. a jig with a minnow or crawler is a good rig I have heard.

4. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Kyle, if you go for Catfish, try a 3 way rig. We've been doing pretty good lately. Catfish Quiver caught himself another 8 lbr last night. We've been using shad, perch, and shrimp for bait. Maybe we'll see you on the lake, just look for the Catoon, usually the only boat with a flag on the anchor light.

5. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    ok thanks Jim, I probably won't do any walleye fishin after we got us a boat for ourselves, I got bigger fish to fry :lol: .

6. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Kyle,
    One important thing to remember, you gotta ketch'm, fore you kin fry'm, LOL. Hope you catch the "Biggun" when you get on the lake.