Milford Lake in Kansas

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by odeman11, Aug 12, 2008.

1. odeman11

odeman11 New Member

State:
    kansas
    am new to this site, find it very interesting and informative, how's the catfishing at Milford Lake doing. I was out at School Creek camping area 1 (or A) (last monday afternoon) and caught 5 channels ranging 1-6#'s, was using shad 3' under a bobber. sorry no photos. gonna try and get out there again real soon..have a good day and a better one fishing

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Welcome to the BOC Walt..

Milford has some nice cats glad you did good last week.

We will be having a gathering at Tuttle creek Sept 5th-6th & 7th be nice to have you come out so we can meet you.

3. odeman11

odeman11 New Member

State:
    kansas
    Thank you for the welcome Tom, and I'll try to come over to Tuttle for the gathering. I went back out to School Creek Monday 08-13-2008 didn't get anything. the lake is turning over not sure if that had anything to do with it. gonna try Geary Co. State Lake next week. will write about that (hopefully have good things to write). well have a good day and better one fishing

4. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    welcome to the boc

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Walt.

6. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    welcome to the BOC walt..

7. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Fished Milford this evening, caught two, one Channel and one big surprise, a 3lb Flathead, on cut shad. This only the 3rd Flathead of caught fishing this lake for 33 years. I never have targeted them though. Usually fish for Blue and Channels. The first one was a 10lb while drifting up by Milford town a few years back, then two years I caught one drifting, water was 34deg, fifty feet of water, and he grabbed a piece of goldeye, he weigh 27lbs. This is the only one I've caught from shore.

Attached Files:

8. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Did you keep him Jim ? That there is some good eatin ! :big_smile:

9. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Keith, sure did:smile2:, I ate some Flathead that Calvin fixed at El Dorado last year, really good stuff. The first two I released, this one was in my "keeper range" less than 10lbs. So he'll be getting "fried" before to long:smile2:

10. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Congrats Jim on the flat.

He will be some good eating.

11. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Thursday evening, Rick(Cowboyrick) me were fishing at the boat ramp,(at Curtis Creek) had a heck of an evening catch for about an hour and a half.
    First, I caught a 2+lb Channel, Rick caught a 5.5lb Bluecat, I caught a 5lb Wiper, 3 2+lb Whitebass, Rick caught a 20+" Walleye, I reeled in to check my bait after a good hit, seen my bait was still on, about 3ft from shore, a 15" Smallmouth Bass grabbed it and got caught, then Rick brought in a Drum that was about 3lb's.:crazy::smile2:. The weirdest thing, they were all caught on cut shad. Fresh caught, but we were cutting them in half and putting both pieces on. :confused2: but we enjoyed it anyway:smile2:

12. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Jerald, Rick and me went out again this evening, same place, all we caught was a 5 and 3lb Wiper. Moved to a different area when a guy wanted to launch his boat on the ramp we were fishing on, can you imagine the nerve of that guy:roll_eyes::smile2:. We let him though cause the fish quit biting. Went to the shore up North on the main lake, caught a couple more 5+ Wipers and a Whitebass, and a couple of small Channels, then the rain's came AGAIN, so we went home. I'll put some pictures up tomorrow. Wipers and Whites are running so bad now can't hardly catch a decent Cat without them gobbling up your bait.:roll_eyes:

13. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Sound like a good day on Milford.

Sounds like the Wipers are banging the banks eating shad..Not a bad thing in my book.

Thanks for the report Jim..Cant wait to see the pictures.

14. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Jim, You Might Try Cutting Up A Little Wiper Or Whitie And Using Him For Bait Just The Guts Or Maybe Try Cut Bluegills As I Have Never Caught A Wiper On Cut Bluegill. I Have Caught Plenty Wipers On Live Bluegills.

Just A Thought To Try And Weed Out The Wipers.:smile2:

15. kansasoutdoors

kansasoutdoors New Member

State:
    Kansas

I personally like having a suprise at the end of my line, so this day of fishing would've suited me fine. I work a lot of hours and go to college full-time, so it is a treat being able to fish vicariously through posts like yours.

Thanks for sharing!!!

16. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Thats a pretty unique fishin experience Jim. Kinda like they had a worlds fair or somethin.:smile2:
    Cant wait to see pics!

17. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Thanks Chad, welcome to the BOC, hope to see what you look like some time soon.:wink:

18. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Here's the pics when Rick and me were fishing.

Attached Files:

19. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Sounds like fun Jim. After cats, wipers are the funnest to catch in my book. :big_smile:

20. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Here's the next day with Jerald, same place.

Attached Files: