Milford Lake in Kansas

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by MealsOnReels, May 14, 2006.

1. MealsOnReels

MealsOnReels New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Saturday 5/13 4:00 pm
    Perfect day for drift fishing, little windy (hey it's Kansas) but with a drift sock out was about right.
    Was using cut bait (thanks to Catfish Fever and Catfish Quiver for the lesson) Not much action, had only one hard bite then caught this Blue.
    What made this day even better it was our 34th wedding anniversary.

Attached Files:

2. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    34 years, I hope I'm as blessed as you, congrats!!

3. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Nice fish Meals on Reels. How much did he weigh? Congratulations on your fish and your anniversary.

4. John H

John H New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    I haven't made 10 posts yet, so can't view your picture's. This is my fifth post so only 5 more to go then I will take a look. However I will congradulate you on your anniversary. 34 is a long time... I have my 30th coming up.

I am a senior and just found this site, Looking forward to getting a lot of information on catfishing in NE Kansas. I live just outside of Topeka and fish Clinton alot. Looking forward to a good season this time. My soy beans have been soaking since last September.

John H

5. MealsOnReels

MealsOnReels New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Not sure what the weight was. I never really had any need for a scale until I joined the BOC and learned so much from so many great brothers.
    My next purchase will be for a scale and again thanks to all for teaching this old dog some new tricks.

6. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Jim,
    Congratulations on the anniversary and the beautiful Catfish. Kinda looks like you were up North where we seen you last time. What'd you bait with? Wish you'd of called and said you were on the water, me and Jerald were fishing farther South, we only caught a bunch of eaters though.

7. MealsOnReels

MealsOnReels New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hi Jim,
    We put in at Wakefield, thought it would have less wind.
    Was right about in the middle of the lake but way south of where we seen you last time. 17 to 20 foot deep. Caught it on a small white bass that I caught the day before. Just cut the end of the tail off and cut it in half the cat hit on the head part of the bait. Thought for a long time that I was using too heavy of a hook and had just finished tying on smaller ones when I hooked into this. Wish I didn't but it worked out OK.
    Later

8. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Most Importantly,HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, Secondly Congratulations On The Nice Cat !!!:big_smile: Elliot

9. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Jim,
    Glad you got her, when you put a bait like that on, I don't think you could have to big of a hook, specially when you're going after those gals. Looking forward to meeting you and your wife again.

10. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    congrats on the anniversery and the nice cat!there is an ACATS tournament at milford june 10th if you would like to come join and try your luck.we camped at Farnum over the weekend and finally got to fish today because of that darn wind,but i did catch the heck outta channel ranging from 2-10 #s.it turned out to be a nice day.