Milford Lake in Kansas

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Catfish Fever, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Here's the fish we caught Sunday, thought we had 9 but it was 11 Channels. This is my cleaning table out back by the "Cathouse".

Attached Files:

2. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Nice fish Jim, they should fit the smoker nicely:)

You catch any of those on DK? Were they drift fish or anchored? Fishing was hard here yesterday and just trying to figure out what might be working. Thanks.

3. cat daddy 791

cat daddy 791 New Member

State:
    Kansas- Wichita
    Thanks For Sharing The Picks With Us! As Soon As The Weather Cooperates With My Schedule, I Am Going To Make An Attempt To Catch And Photograph At Least A Minimum Of A 10 Lber. I Hope. Thats How I Started Off Last Year. There Is Plenty Of Fish That Size At My Local Honey Hole. Now That I Have Said It, I Have Probably Stuck My Foot In My Mouth. Lol. Keep Posting Those Catches! Picture Sure Have A Way Of Making The Story Much More Real.

4. slickback

slickback New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Looks good!! I can't wait to get up there in a month and hopefully catch some of my own.:D

5. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Charlie, these were shore caught Cats. The wind was gusting up to 35+ so we decided to shore fish. Once the wind started dying down they just quit biting. We went back yesterday evening and it was fairly calm water all we caught was one. Yep, they're in the brine right now, they'll be smoking tomorrow, if it rains, if not, maybe the next day.

6. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Thanks Jim. I wonder if the wind might have been part of my problem yesterday..............there was vey little(zero at times) wind here yesterday. The fish will hit, but I think they need a little pick me up to get the feed sack on.

7. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Charlie, you're welcome. After tonight I don't know what to think. The wind blew real good, bout like the last time, gusting over 35. All we caught tonight were 5 "bait peckers" all under 2lbs(1.1,1.2 etc.) clipped and released them all. We were using the same bait, wind just as strong and from the same directilon. Had a lot of bites, missed a bunch, had a couple more on that got off, evidentally they were all dinks too, oh well, maybe next time.

8. MealsOnReels

MealsOnReels New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Nice fish Jim.
    We'll be at Milford this weekend and may give it a try.
    I just got two new Ugly Stik Tigers that really need a test.

9. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Jim, good to hear you'll be here. Please give me a holler and maybe we can meet on the lake or at your place or mine. Make sure you get some shad guts, that's all we've been having any luck with at all. Went out tonight, only caught six, but they were all over 3lbs, 4 Blues and 2 Channels. It was right after that storm passed through.

10. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Me and the "Quiver" went out again tonight, (been going out just about every evening) and caught another nice bunch of eater's, big one tonight was a 4+ ChannelCat, and a bunch of 2 to 3's. We'll be out again tomorrow evening. We were doing real good right after the storm passed and the wind was still blowing, once the wind died, they quit biting. We got 8 this evening, about par for the last two weeks. I'll try to remember to take a pic of the stringer the next time, I'll take a pic of them on "the table" tomorrow morning fore we clean'em.
    We've been shore fishing in the evenings. Most of them are caught on a home made dipbait or shad guts.

11. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Sounds like you all have a good spot found, ane no boat to deal with to boot. Loves them tasty catfishys:)

12. drakewoodie

drakewoodie Member

State:
    Milford, Kansas
    Hey Center i'm just wondering are you fishing the upper end or the lower end of the lake...not asking for a specific spot but i dont work on sunday so i think i'm going to head out and see what i can catch....looking for an area to try....congrats on all the cats you be catching....

13. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Got to give credit where it's do........this pains me something fearce..............Jim(catfish fever) is the one catching all the dad gum catfish!! Wish I could help you Eric.:sad:

14. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Jim, it's 4:15 am, time to get up and go fishing. Come on sleepy head, time to get up. Hmmmm, maybe I should call:)

WARNING..................Do not call at 4:15 am!!!

15. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    At least someone is catching fish. I have caught one this year. Bite is slow where I am fishing. Did have something break my 14lb spiderwire tho. Hope to try it again tommorrow. Love smoked fish. mmm mmm good.

16. drakewoodie

drakewoodie Member

State:
    Milford, Kansas
    well all i guess since my sleep got so rudely interuped about 30 minutes after i went to bed i'm going to give a buddy a call and head out to the lake for a while and see what i can do....wish me luck...

17. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Shucks Charlie, that means I got to bed about an hour before you went to work. I got up early though, about 9;30 this morning.:rolleyes:

18. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Eric, sorry I didn't get to read your post earlier, like last night;) There are quite a few good spots around the lake to shore fish. The main thing is to find a place you can get down to the water so the wind will be in your face. We've fished with the wind to our back a couple of times with little or no success. I've got a couple more pics I need to download from day before yesterday. Me and the Quiver (Jerald) have been having real good luck the past week with all this wind we've had. Next time you're heading for the lake, let me know a day or two ahead of time and I'll try to steer you to some spots.

19. drakewoodie

drakewoodie Member

State:
    Milford, Kansas
    i went out yesterday morning and then again last night..me and a friend managed to catch 3 blues about 2-3lbs a piece in the morning when it was cold and windy but in the evening we didnt even get a bite. we where using shad guts both time...

20. Flathead Hunter

Flathead Hunter New Member

State:
    Manhattan, KS
    Anyone know any good places to try in a boat or bank spots at milford?