Milford Lake Carp

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by Catfish Fever, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    The weather looked pretty threatening today, so instead of going Catfishing on the Catoon we decided to fish for Carp off of the boat ramp today. Here's a couple of pics of the ones we caught. The one I have is a 7.25 and my buddy's is a 21.5. I also caught a 6.5. We just slung some corn out for chum, then baited up with corn under a bobber. We were using ultrllight rods and spinning reels. I had 6lb test, my buddy had 10lb.

Attached Files:

2. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Nice carp. I bet those were a blast on the ultralight rigs. I finally bought my son an ultralight setup a couple of months ago. We may have to give those carp a try. I have been wanting to go after em with my fly rod too but haven't had any luck yet. Theres a couple of guys down here catching them all the time, guess I need to see what kind of fly they are using.

3. indiana_fishin

indiana_fishin New Member

State:
    Indiana Baby
    nice carp man,carp are a blast on ultra-lights :D

4. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Jeremy, yep, it was a lot of fun, took about 10 minutes to get mine in, Jerald got his in a little quicker, the heavier line helped I'm sure. I'm "almost" :rolleyes: glad we didn't get to go out for Cats, tomorrow's supposed to be a lot better weather, well, we'll have some good bait.

5. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Did some "alternative" fishing today again. Weather really bad, mostly the wind, so down to the boat ramp we went, caught a nice bunch of Carp again, they sure are fun, specially on ultra light rigs. Jeremys bait is super, worth the effort to mix it.

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    carp are fun to catch thats for sure. can't wait till spring. i am about done fishing for the year. unless i try ice fishing.

7. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    That bait recipe is fantastic. We moved back into a cove today to get out of the wind on the main lake and not only caught Carp with it, caught a couple of nice Catfish too. We got a couple of Blues out deep, 60ft, before we were blown off of the main lake, :crying: