milford kicked my b#$t last night.

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by leatherpuke, Oct 3, 2009.

1. leatherpuke

leatherpuke New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Started at the north end around 0400. Got one good bite on shrimp and then nothing. Moved down south to north overlook park and the wind was really screaming. I tried to tough it out but after an hour my daughter was wrapped up in blankets looking miserable and I couldn't feel my hands so we decided to withdraw from the battlefield to fight another day. Still better than a good day at work though.

I'll be back at north overlook at about 0100 tonight, since I obvioulsy didn't learn anything last night.:roll_eyes:

If anybody else is as dumb as me, feel free to drop by.

2. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Good Luck and let us know how it goes.​

3. Circlehook Jester

Circlehook Jester New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Bennett,

Your extreme military training and outdoorsman wit is causing what they call "catfishinwinditis".......you are suffering from this because of your need to fulfill a small tugging on your fishing pole, and a reeling sensation that can only be cured by a whiskery fish. The only treatment for this is a mini gathering or what we might call a "social grouping" of catfishers anonymous. This is where we speak about such anguish, and I here there is a "social grouping" like this in October on Milford Lake. :eek:oooh::crazy::big_smile:

4. leatherpuke

leatherpuke New Member

State:
    Kansas

Roger that, it's already on the agenda. I know I have a problem and I need help.

Anyway, hit milford again last night with a few buddies and my daughter. We were using sonny's paste, chicken liver, and some shrimp covered in garlic and chicken liver juice. I caught one dink on sonny's and we had a couple of hits on chicken liver but that was it. The weather was cold but no wind so at least we weren't miserable. We fished from about 2230 to 0330 and the few bites we had were mostly after midnight.

I really need to get out on a boat. It seems like the cats are not feeding in close to shore anymore, or at least not at night. Time to re-evaluate my tactics.

Tight lines,
    Bennett

5. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Thad siad it well.You need help in a BAD way...:big_smile:

Come out to Milford for the gathering and I bet one of us can help you get that tug for an old blue cat...:wink:

Look forward to meeting both of you..

6. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Bennet, I don't know if this will improve your mood or not, went out for an hour or so this afternoon, bout 5 minutes from the house, caught a 4lb Bluecat, a 4 and 2 lb Channelcat and one smoker Channel:eek:oooh:, and just for fun, an 8.5 and 4 lb Drum.:wink:
    This was from the shore, of course. Caught'em on my home made dipbait, a commercial punch bait, and fresh caught and cut shad.:smile2:
    They are available from the shore.
    Maybe it's my Infantry, Airborne, Ranger background:roll_eyes::smile2::smile2::smile2:
    Looking forward to meeting you at the mini, I'll give you some info for some productive shore fishing, usually one of them will produce, and they're very accessible, not much walking:wink::smile2:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  7. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    Could try shallow during the afternoons when the sun is out in the fall.
    Water is getting cooler so the cats feel more active in the warm shallow
    water, that and the cats are feeding up for the winter months. Drifting
    close to shore where it gets deep suddenly might be the ticket using
    fresh cut bluegill or shad. Keep the drift really slow and drag up wind
    over the spot as well. See you at the gathering!

8. leatherpuke

leatherpuke New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I'm definately going to pick your brain at the gathering. Maybe I'll even feed you beer until you give up your secret bait recipe.:big_smile:

9. leatherpuke

leatherpuke New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Yeah, I was thinking about maybe hitting the water earlier in the evening. I can't drift without a boat though....maybe next season.:embarassed:

Now, If I could just figure out how to throw that stupid cast net I bought maybe I could catch some bait.:angry:

10. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    leatherpuke,bring your cast net to the gathering,someone will show ya the basics if you don't fiqure it out before then.

11. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    No problem Bennett, I am sure you will throw the net like a pro by the time the gathering is over.:wink:

12. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Bennet, like Kyle said, we'll have you casting a net like a pro, I'll bring my 3.5' to start with, then we'll go to the 5', and if Jay brings the 7' we'll give that a shot too.

How big of a U-haul truck do plan on bringing to carry the beer to use to get my recipe?:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

As for picking my brain, that's been pretty much picked over, not much left:eek:oooh::roll_eyes::smile2::smile2:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  13. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    As for picking my brain, that's been pretty much picked over, not much left:eek:oooh::roll_eyes::smile2::smile2:[/QUOTE]

Sounds like its time for Charlie to get the "Catfish Jerky" recipe. LOL

14. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    :smile2::smile2::smile2: