Milford for the weekend

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by JCONWAY, Jul 15, 2009.

1. JCONWAY

JCONWAY New Member

State:
    Kansas
    With the nice weather this weekend I was thinking about going camping at Milford. Just checking to see if the blues are biting out there. I was going to take my boat and do some drifting for blues and maybe chase around some wiper.

2. coyotechromez

coyotechromez New Member

State:
    KS
    Good luck to ya, I caught the only wiper of my life there on shrimp.

3. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I haven't been to Milford this year yet, give us a report on how you do out there.

4. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    Jeremy,looks like Keith and i are heading out there friday night for an all nighter.probably be putting in around 9 at the state park south ramp.the blues should be biting,i hope,cuz we're not gonna leave till we catch a pig!!!:wink::smile2:
    ill shoot you my # so if ya want you can meet us at the ramp

5. JCONWAY

JCONWAY New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Cool, I plan on being out there around 8 or so. I'll be camping in the state park, and I'll have a red Lund Alaskan.

6. JCONWAY

JCONWAY New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Well Milford wasn't to bad, ended up with a limit of eaters on Saturday and cleaned seven on Sunday. Sunday morning I got broke off three times on 20 lbs mono. All in all it was a nice weekend.

7. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Jermey sounds like you had a great weekend.

Wish I had went there this wekend myself.
    Perry was a bad go this weekend for me.:sad2:

8. JCONWAY

JCONWAY New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Sorry to hear that Tom. How were you fishing?

9. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Well done Jeremy. Milford grows some tastey fish.:002::003:
    :smile2:

10. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:wink:Chumming:smile2:But I just got it started.This weekend it should be hammer time. But then I started drifting but the wind just sucked for that and i hate to use the elc for driffting.
    Last week was a differant story did real well with just a 5mph wind.

PS...plus I had a jinx with me in the back of the boat:smile2::smile2::smile2:
    no names but i did stop at the car wash on the way home to wash the badluck out so i should be good to go now.:smile2::smile2:

11. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Jeremy,
    Maybe you should invest in some new line. If I got broke off 3 times then I would stripped the line off my reels and put new line on! :crazy::big_smile:

12. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Wow some awesome fishing along with the break off. Now that had to be some great fun there! Congrats,,,

13. JCONWAY

JCONWAY New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I know, but it's hard to do on the lake when you don't have any.:embarassed: I think alot of it had to do with the line getting roughed up by rocks and brush while drifting? Because the line that's on there is only about two weeks old. The bad part is after I got broke off I would replace my leader, the problem was I got broke off on three different rods.lol

Well Tom maybe I'll see ya out there is weekend. Are you on the north or south part of the lake? The reason I ask is that I've been at the north end doing pretty good!

14. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Jermey,I'm guessing you are meaning north of oldtown.I haven't been up there in a few weeks but more over around slough creek.

I did well over there last weekend from 19'-10' of water but the winds were out of the SE and this weekend what winds i had on Sat was out of the north.

15. JCONWAY

JCONWAY New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Tom, just seeing if you knew or not. There is a tournament this Saturday at Perry from 6am-1pm from the State Park ramp. $30 per boat. There is also another one at Perry next Saturday.

16. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS

I have been wondering where Nate had been. Glad to see you could get him out in the back of the boat again. :smile2::wink::smile2: