Milford camp sites June 6-7-8

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by n2fishn, May 17, 2008.

1. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Folks Time is getting near and we are trying to tie up all loose ends for a very exciting weekend on June 6th-7th & 8th at Curtis Creek camp ground at Milford lake.

If everyone would please post their camp site so that we can all know where everyone will be at, it will make it eaiser for all of us to find each other.

Plus i suggest everyone once you get there if you fly a ballon at your camp site we will know your a BOC memeber.

Thanks

Tom DeWitt,,Topeka

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    n2fishn (Tom DeWitt)Camp site A19
    My Guest will be my son Jason,fishing buddy Rick,best friend Larry & is grandson Jaden Form Coloardo.

3. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Tom, I have a "campsite" page going in the Gathering thread, but seeing as you obviouslly haven't been there:roll_eyes::smile2: I'll bring it and post it here. Oh year, you were already in it:smile2:

4. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    I think if I come I'm going to try to get a tent site in the D loop. According to the website I cant reserve those ahead of time though. Looking forward to seeing you all there.

5. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    1. Arkrivercatman - B-26
    2. N2fshn - A-19

There ya go Tom, you happy now?:smile2::smile2:

6. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Casy, I believe you're right, I'll check tomorrow, I give the "gate guard" fish, maybe he'll do me a favor:roll_eyes::smile2:, can't promise anything, but I'll try. For now I'll just put you down for the D loop. That place usually doesn't get to crowded by then anyway. You will have some nice shady spots, and be close to the lake for shore fishing.

7. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    1. Arkrivercatman - B-26
    2. N2fshn - A-19
    3. Rush 60 - D loop (no site as of now)

8. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I thought i read that you wanted someone to start a thread on getting everyone's camp site.Maybe I'm just seeing things wrong..or I'm way behind??

Sorry!!

9. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Tom, everyone camps here flies balloons, pick a color, may I suggest BLUE?:smile2:, and how many in the flight:smile2::roll_eyes:, good suggestion though, disregarding my facetious nature of course:smile2:

10. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Thanks Jim. I'm still trying to get that friday night off, so I'm not sure what day I'm coming down but I will get money for hog in the mail monday.

11. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Blue sounds good to me and how about two....

Just trying to make it easy but if there is a better way just say.
    I just dont want to walk in on someone other than a BOC member.

Why the hell does everyone have balloons at their campsite??

12. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Casey, you're welcome, no problem, you've still got time.

13. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Tom, same reason you suggested it:eek:oooh::roll_eyes::smile2::smile2::smile2:
    Yeah, specially if they're nekked:smile2:

14. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    We'd like to see more Kansas members come to the Kansas Gathering in a few weeks. There is over 40 registered BOC members viewing the Kansas page, and not that many of you have responded. I just got back yesterday from the Missouri Gathering at Truman. Me and my buddies were the only Kansas boys there. Troy (Spoonfish) hosted the gathering at his site, and they had more than enough food. They had so much food , I felt bad , cause there was so much left over. They had enough to feed 100, but only 48 showed (including kids). I hope we can beat that number , and possibly break 100 people. I learned alot from them , on how to do a Gathering. I think on Sat. when we do the pig, we should all bring a side dish, to compliment the pig. We could start a list of who will bring what. The only problem with that is , how to keep it warm, or to warm it up on Sat. I think Troy used a 4 shelf propane fueled smoker , warm stuff up. Does anyone have something like that , that they would be willing to bring. Maybe we can get a good buffet going on Sat. like the Missouri boys had. Also , I was thinking maybe we could do a fish fry on Fri afternoon/evening. I know everyone has some fish in the freezer, we could all chip in a couple of pounds and do a good fry. Ive got a good 10 lbs. of cat and 10 lbs. of crappie , I could offer up to start it off. I could pre-make some jalapeno cheddar hushpuppies, to go with it. What do you all think?:big_smile:

15. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Looks like there is 10 electric sites left for B loop. There is 9 tent sites there also, that will be first come first serve. Anyone that is coming that will want a tent site, you should try to come early on Fri, to make sure you can get a spot with us. Here is the link , if you would like to reserve an electric site. Just pick loop B, put in June 6 as arrival date, and put 2 day stay. Then click on facility map , and it will show you which ones have been reserved already.

http://www.recreation.gov/camping/C...ode=NRSO&parkId=73143&topTabIndex=CampingSpot

16. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Jim , do you have some fold out tables there at the homestead? If so I could help you load them up and bring them down. It would be easier that way since you live so close, as opposed to people having to bring them from far away. What do you think?

17. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I will do what ever I can. I dont have any fish in the freezer because I throw 99% of them back. Once I can get to Oklahoma I will have some bluecat. Thats the only cat I will keep to eat. However I will help cook it. Maybe try a couple of different recipes. I have a folding table I can bring if you dont have one Jim. I have a 3 burner coleman stove with a small oven for it.Its small but it can make me biscuts and gravy in the morinin.:smile2:

18. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    How big is the oven Kyle? Could it be used to warm up a glass dish say 20x10 inches?

19. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Not quite. Im lucky if I can fit 6 biscuts in there.:angry: We can figure something out.

20. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Casey, you should be able to get a tent site(non reservable) on Fri in B loop , where most of us will be at. There is 9 of them there. :big_smile: