Mile Long Snag?

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by kscathunter, Oct 28, 2008.

1. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    where is the famous mile long snag??? I was talking to a guy at work about it and I was not 100% on the location. I have searched and not found were i read about. i wouldnt mind re reading about it if anyone remembers a thread.

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    John Redmond, in the river above the lake. I think its bigger than that now.:crazy:

3. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Last I was there it was a mess, You name it and it was stuck in the mess, gas cans, tires, tractor parts, and even a sink. I bet a person could walk on it and not fall in. JJ you up for it?

4. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    we need to give it to texas where we have fished there are hardly any snags:wink:

5. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    If someone can figure out how to get me out there, I'm game for a cleanup! And yes... I'm dead serious... lol

All I'll need is a life vest, rope to tie me to the boat in case I fall in (I can bring the rope), and a few pontoons or flatbottoms, and some large bags (decoy bags?) to hold the trash, and a place to stay at night.. We can't get it all in a visit probably, but I bet we can make a massive dent in it!

If a cleanup happens, remember I'm game if I can find a way to get there!

P.S. if this DOES happen, just don't let m,y doctor find out... ROFL

6. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i'll walk that log jam, i aint skurrred !! :cool2:

7. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    f n kids ha ha ha

8. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    yeah, i'll bring Manuel too !!

9. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    Thanks thats were I thought it was. Sounds like a gathering is brewing lol :tounge_out: have to be a warm weather one in case jj falls in:wink::smile2::roll_eyes:

10. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    I fished a pocket in the middle of it from my boat this past summer, probably only about an 1/8th of a mile stretch, but awesome fishing. Believe it or not we only caught 1 or 2 flatheads out of it using live bluegills. I think they were around 7 pounds, but we caught about 30 channel cats and hardly any of them were under 7. Most were around 10 and a good handful going 12, 2 of them were 15. We also fished upstream from it and that was pretty good fishing too. That was the best fishing trip I think I've ever taken. PM me and I'd be happy to let you know where. Anyone could PM me if you're interested and I'd be glad to share... just don't care to share that information with the thousands of people who "poach information" as Kyle would say.

11. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i honestly dont believe Kyle would say anything like that to anybody on here. he's such a nice guy i tell ya :roll_eyes::smile2::smile2:

P.S. in a little while when he sees the post of that catch from there he is gonna tell ya they werent that big :smile2::smile2::smile2:

i couldnt resist it Kyle !!

12. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i wouldnt fall in. now if someone gets snagged ...... :smile2:

13. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    oh my my i cant help it i am going to bust a gut i sure did miss this while i was gone:tounge_out::tounge_out::tounge_out:
    dont forget donnies would have ate his :wink::wink:

14. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    Actually he probably will say they weren't that big. We measured our scales against each other's and mine said it was anywhere from a pound to .5 pounds higher than his. When we fish together I think we agree'd to split the difference and just go with whatever's in the middle:smile2:.

15. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    yeah, Donnie DOES catch fish big enough to eat Steve's :wink::smile2::smile2:

16. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Give me a break guys.:wink:
    I only said something because it was way off. A few pounds is one thing, but twenty, thats somethin else.:smile2: If you didnt weigh it just say you caught a nice fish.:wink:

17. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i love it
    kyle i sure did miss this while i was in La. and texas i am glad i have the chance to be on for a while again

18. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
  19. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    the latest talk from the core involves digging a new water way and leaving the snag alone

20. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    That would be the best idea. Quicker and easier than cleanin it out. Too bad it takes so long to figure that out. I wonder how much money was spent to come up with that idea. They should have just asked my opinion.:wink::smile2::smile2: