Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in mtburg ark and fish 3 lakes for catfish. After retiring from the navy I had to relearn how to fish in these areas and 1 lake is at a nature center that is stocked with catfish and trout. I asked the staff how to fish this lake and the lady I talked to told me everything I needed to know, from where to fish and what bait to use. She was right my granddaughter and I catch lots of fish between 1 to 10 pounds. Also I met the game wardens in my area and if given the chance they are also such nice and informative people. I was advised about the second lake to fish and caught numerous large catfish. I'm always looking to learn the best ways to catch catfish and if anyone is close to this area I would like to share what little I know.

· Member Since 2002
Chattanooga TN
1,073 Posts
Mike, glad to have another swabby aboard. Are you targeting eaters or large catfish? Mostly small fish will hit the stink bait in my experience, and most of those will be channel cats. I have caught a couple real small blues on stink bait but never a flathead and chances are never will.

· Premium Member
Bill, in OkC
1,550 Posts
Welcome aboard, Mike.
There are a lot of folks here with a lot of knowledge, re: how to catch the whiskered folk of the water.

Again, welcome aboard, from OkC

1 - 14 of 14 Posts