Mike Vick

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Mi11er, Mar 31, 2009.

Do you think Mick Vick will ever play in the NFL agian

1. Yes

2. Yes, and I will never watch agian

3. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Well Mike Vick will be getting out of the pen in July. How many think that he will ever play in the NFL agian. He seems to think that he will.

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Absolutely no reason that he shouldn't.

Bill in SC

3. tyrupp

tyrupp New Member

State:
    Ellis,Kans
    He will play football again. The man did the crime and did the time. Not that I like him or what he did.

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I would love to watch him get booed off the field, he aint no better that O.J. Sports figures are suppose to be heros, would you respect Ted Nugent if he did what Vick did, I wouldn't. Respect is a two way street and vick lost mine. :angry:

5. PaCatfishHunter

PaCatfishHunter New Member

State:
    Greensburg, PA
    He will play again but he should not and I will never watch a game of his. He has no right playing in the NFL again. But winning and money is everything when it comes to football and if just one team thinks he can help them win or bring in more money then they will have him on the team.

6. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    A team will have to be pretty desperate for a QB to deal with the negative media that will follow him....

7. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Not that I condone what the man did to dogs, but it's not like he's a mass murderer or rapist. There are plenty of ex-cons walking America's streets that have done worst than him. I believe people should get a second chance. Jamal Lewis got locked up selling coke and Ray Lewis, well, let's not go there:wink:, both did well after their ordeal.

With that said, there's no reason why he shouldn't play in the NFL. The man has natural talent! In fact, I think he will be a better QB because he had plenty of time to study the game:wink:.

I recall in the past few years NFL teams getting so desperate for a QB that guys like Vinny and Daunte got a chance to re-kindle thier careers:smile2:!

Potential teams is Detroit, San Fran, NY Jets, Carolina, The Bills with TO, Oakland Raiders:crazy:, Houston, and possibly Seattle.

Hell, bring him on to Indy and back up Peyton.:cool2:

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <He has no right playing in the NFL again.>

For fighting dogs? Gimme a break! Those dogs are bred to fight, and they like it. I don't do it, and never have, but I don't see anything wrong with it. I'm no big M Vick fan, but he shouldn't be penalized from makin' a livin' doin what he does best.

Bill in SC

9. catin38

catin38 New Member

State:
    alabama
    hi,
    Honestly i think Mike Has alot of raw talent. Im a Falcons fan and seen him do some amazing things. The man went to federal pen for fighting dogs..jeesh..laws in this country stink.. do i think fighting dogs or any other animals are good..no.. do i think he is some evil demon..no..the man deserves to see if he can make it in the nfl. He made a mistake..We all have in one way or another but that doesnt make us bad.It makes us human. Its getting to where animals have more rights than we do. You see all the time on tv rapist and murders get off with nothing more than a slap on the hand. The other day i seen on the news about a 22 year old had 1 joint and the judge give him 7 years and its his first time ever getting in trouble. something just isnt right about these laws. Thats just my 2 cents .

10. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    You dont know the whole story or you would puke! THIS PIECE OF WORK ACTUALLY HUNG HIS DOGS THAT DIDNT PERFORM, Let me wrap my hands around his POS neck. Bill you aint right in the head.

11. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    I think he will. I don't advocate what he did but he did his time and now it's over. No reason to take the mans livelyhood away for life. He isnt the only one to ever get busted for dogfighting.

12. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    What he did was pretty terrible but his crime was by far not the worse in NFL player history. If he has the ability, he should be able to play...

13. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    According to Ozzy if you commit a minor crime, you should be damned for the rest of your life?

He hung dogs, not humans!

When did a animals life become just important as a human life?

14. PaCatfishHunter

State:
    Greensburg, PA
    I was going to respond to your statement but it's a waste of time so I go back to the purpose of this thread. Even though I don't agree with it and it is sick to even support it, it has nothing to do with dog fighting It has to do with breaking a law. If you break the law and are found guilty then you should not play in the NFL. There are alot of people in the NFL or even sports that should not be playing. I also don't want to hear about second chances. Yes, I agree with second chances but most of these guys are on more than second chance. Some we know and some were covered up. Not always but a lot of the time if you break the law then you will do it again. Also, If I break the law, then I am not going to have a job. Now like I said in my post before, a NFL team will take him back. If they feel like he will help them win or bring in more money then they going to sign him.

BTW: I always feel like dog fighters are guys that love to watch fighting but too chicken s**t to fight. I knew one dog fighter in my life. I went to school with him and he loved to fight but after getting his a** kicked a couple of times he went into dog fighting. He spent some time in a prison in New Mexico and then got out and got right back into fighting dogs and went back to prison. I not sure if he is out or still in prison. He became a real loser.

15. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    1. So if you commit a minor crime, you should not be allowed to work for the rest of your life and live in some gutter?

2. Money talks! He will make money for some team and fill up seats in the stadium no matter how much Peta people hate him.

3. He's gonna need $$$$$! His case literally drained him of his bank account and the man can easily make a million on his first signing.

You guys should be more worried about the ex-cons who get out a not going to work instead of a man who paid his price and just trying to get his life back.

16. PaCatfishHunter

State:
    Greensburg, PA

This is my last post on this. No if you do one minor crime then yes you should be allow to work. But if you have a bunch of problems with a law then no. Vick has had his problem long before the dog fighting. Also, I don't think dog fighting is a minor crime. No it not killing someone with a car. I don't think jail time makes it a minor crime. Minor crimes you get fined, probation and maybe community service but not jail time. Being in the NFL is a privilege not a right and I feel if you do a crime you lose that privilege. When I played baseball in high school, we had rules and if we broke those rules we were off the team or if we got throw out of a game we had to sit the next game by league rules. It was a privilege to play and not a right.

You says in past post that we need to care and protect Catfish and all the good things that most of us do with CPR but a dog is nothing to you. Well, I care about catfishing and want the fishery to be healthy and protected but a dog is a little bit more important in my book than a catfish.

What is sad is we all talk about how kids are now and the problems we have with them and the trouble a lot of them are getting into but when you have someone teaching them in the school system that dog fighting is ok and just a minor crime. Don't worry if you do a crime because you will get more chances in life. Then I am scaried what else they are teaching them. I was taught what is wrong and right from my parents and TEACHERS and they made it clear that there would be punished for breaking law or rules and I feel I turn out pretty good. Not perfect but I have the understanding if I do something wrong or break the law then there is going to be punishment and consequences

I am done with this subject.

17. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    I have to go with Blacky on this one. What he did was terrible in my opinion but he went to prison for it. He paid his dues. His job is to be a football player and he should be allowed to do it again. I know it isn't a right to play football but if a team picks him up, then it is his right to play if the NFL allows it. Do I think he is a scumbag? Hell yes I do. But he is no different than any other criminal that gets out of prison. You pick up the pieces and go back to work and get your life together. He didnt get away with anything.

18. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <The other day i seen on the news about a 22 year old had 1 joint and the judge give him 7 years and its his first time ever getting in trouble. something just isnt right about these laws.>

WHERE was that?

<Bill, you ain't right in the head!>

That's exactly what I want you to think! :wink: Lets go fishin' and you will see! :eek:oooh:

Bill in SC

19. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I have to agree with Blacky as well. Yea the man did something terrible but he paid his debt to society, and he should be allowed to resume his life.
    I also see that for a lot of member he has fallen out of grace, just put yourself in Vick's shoes for a minute and see how they fit you. would you like another chance? if your intentions are to finish your sentence to resume your life and do so in a good way, why shouldn't you be able to get your job back?

killing dogs is terrible, but society even gives the worst offenders a second, a third, a forth chance. and even some of them don't want to walk the straight line and go right back to commiting crimes. How many repeat offenders are there working in different places, some living near you, some still doing crime. They are the ones we need to be concerned with.

Give the man a chance to prove he is sorry and that he learned a lesson.

20. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Even though he did the time he was also the ring leader and I think he should be banned for being involed in org. crime that is so unhumane to kill a dog that way maybe they should put him into a ring and see how long he could last just my two cents