Mighty Missouri River

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA RIVERS TALK' started by TA2D, Apr 27, 2006.

1. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Talked to a guy this morning about catfishing, said he went out this weekend and his first for the year was a 47lb flathead. I told him thats a hell of a start, and that he should check this site out, gotta send him the link in a bit.
    Me on the otherhand my first cat was maybe 4 Oz.

TA2D

Aaron

2. douglas_413

douglas_413 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Probably the same fish I had caught about a week ago. I tell you what them 4 ouncers really put up a fight. Well at least after you land them when you get poked.LOL

3. douglas_413

douglas_413 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Has any one been fishing the Missouri River lately? Just checking to see if anyone has had any luck yet.

4. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi Sordsman. Ive been fishing the big Mo. now at least once a week for the last 6 weeks and have yet to score. but I feel it in my blood there about ready to turn on. Ive been fishing between omaha nebr. and blenco Ia.Well im off work tomorow so I took the boat down to lake manawa here in Co,Bluffs Ia.at 8pm tonight to drift and boated a 9.5# channer that I weighed and one that ran 4#. the wind came up and I had two drift socks out and couldent get the boat slowed down enough. so I pulled off the lake. Got to get ahoald of that lady down south and order me one of those 10 footers drift socks. but it was sure Great to put some fish in the boat. Bigcatman0816. I cought both on crappie filets.

5. Chad32

Chad32 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Haven't been to the MO., but have fished the Elkhorn twice - caught one 21" Flattie.

-Chad

6. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    went on the mighty mud sunday afternoon to scope some spots out, tried fishing for a half an hour and had one massive bite but my friend who has never fished in his life didn't know how to get the rod out of the holder. i will be out this weekend saturday night till' sunday night. as for the spots once the corps raise the river their is going to be some hella good submerged timber in front of and below the dikes.