might put in the neuse in goldsboro... help...

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by CatSlayer715, Sep 8, 2009.

1. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    Im thinking about coming the goldsboro to fish the neuse for the first time. I'll be puting in at the boat ramp on 117 by EZ bait and tackle. Where do i need to go to get on some hogs? how deep? any land marks to look for? I'll be using live/cut eel, or goldfish and possibly some secret 7 for S&G's... lol.. i got skunked in the neuse on Sunday night in kinston b/c i couldnt get out of 3ft of water, not to mention i got stuck on a sand bar and jumped in to push is off and ended up removing my toe nail by kicking a sunken log. lol, went yesterday in the rain on the Tar, and the only thing i caught was a big bowfin. So needless to say, i want to have a good weekend in goldsboro. I'll be fishing during the day so if that helps, please give me the scoop on where i need to go. thanks a lot guys.

2. catfishwillee

catfishwillee Member

State:
    Knoxville, TN
    i hate catchin those stupid bowfin. you think you have a catfish on then..... aaaahhhh :sad2: lol.

Nothin in the tar huh? i havent had much luck there this summer either. might try some more soon if i can find time tho.

3. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    Thanks willie. When are we going to go fishing??? Im ready when you are, we can take me boat. let me know.

Any body else have any advice?? remember, ive never been on the neuse and will be putting in off of 117 by EZ bait. Thanks guys

4. catfishwillee

catfishwillee Member

State:
    Knoxville, TN
    no prob. dude. yea we def. need to go. i'll let you know as soon as i am able to.

5. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    sounds like a plan. Im normally free every weekend. Most afternoons.

6. hardydk1

hardydk1 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    A friend and I put a canoe in at Richardson Bridge, which is upstream a bit from goldsboro a few weeks ago. Managed to catch a 46 pound flathead. We went upstream once we put in. The current was strong that day, but we think that was due to previous rain.