Might Fish My First Tourney Of The Year Next Week!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Jul 11, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thinking about fishing a tournament next weekend. It would be my first of the year. I used to fish every local tourney in the area I could, but family etc. has slowed that. Gonna make sure I have everything together first to be able to keep fish good and healthy for a few hours, or I won't enter! rollo

2. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    thats a true champion, health before compitition! thats great man, wish there were more people like you!! shane

3. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    good luck jason :wink:

4. Tuckertroop

Tuckertroop New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good luck to you Rollo and thanks for looking out for the fishies. To bad they all arent like you.

5. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Good luck man, we have one a week from today,hope the bites pick up...:wink:

6. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    good luck to you Jason if you enter brother. you'll do great if you do. let us know how it goes for ya.

7. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Good luck to ya Jason! Hope you do well!

8. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Hey Jason I have started fishing lots of tournaments this year and we have got a set up that works well instead of the filtering system that can clog up on you during a tournament. My buddy went out and bought a dc/ac converter and hooked it up and then he just bought a big fish aquarium aerator for a 100 gallon tank and it has two hose hook ups that we run tubing from and drilled holes in the back of the livewell and we got two long stone blocks that send the bubbles in. It works great for large fish, we always have problems getting the fish out because there so lively. You dont have to worry about the ammonia build up as long as you clean it out ever so often after a couple tournaments or so to get the build up off the side of the tanks. Good luck to ya.

9. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    The guy MIGHT fish it.....GET OVER IT:wink::smile2::smile2::smile2:

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Jason, you talking about the tournament in Portsmouth? I know a few guys hitting that one if you need anything!:wink:

11. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    I am, you got ne pointers:wink::cool2:

12. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    Yo rollo....if you need a partner let me know. Ive been wanting to fish a tourny this year but havent got around to doing any..

13. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    good luck if you get to go

14. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What do you do to keep the fish good and healthy? I have been curious about that. What is the usual process for keeping large cats healthy in a tourny for folks that don't have 70 gallon live wells? If you catch a monster do you run it back right when you catch it?

15. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Good luck, Rollo!

Every Pro has to start somewhere!:cool2:

16. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    Good Luck Rollo...post all ur fish on here so we can all wonder how in the world u catch so many big fish everytime yo go,like we always do :big_smile::smile2::wink:....RAT

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  17. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I havent decided if I am hitting the OHCC event in Portsmouth or the Rising Sun one on Sat night, heck for that matter I might just save my money :wink: and fish Sunday morning since the night bite has sucked the last couple of weeks.

Good luck Jason whereever you go!!
    Salmonid

18. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Good luck Rollo an don't be tying no fish off j/k,,,

19. normmouth

normmouth New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I've fished a couple this year for the first time, and honestly I love it. I don't have a boat so I stuck on shore but I have fun anyway. I've fished one NEOCats and one AkronCats. I'm way outmatched by the other teams but I'm learning. The best time for me is the weigh-in where everyone is talking about what they used and when the bite picked up or died. I'm using all of this info to help prep myself for the next time out. At some point I'll get a boat or the perfect location and start being more competetive. Luckily for me I just put the fish in a basket back in the water until the time comes then we transfer them in a tub with an aerator.