Might be.........

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by whisker maniac, May 21, 2009.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Might be up at lake Ouchita this weekend. My wife called me as soon as I got home and her and one of her long time girlfriends are wanting to get together so they are checking into renting a cabin for the weekend up there on lake ouchita.

I might even get to do some fishing on the lake there while I'm there. Hope to anyway. I got one big skipjack left that would be just enough to fish with for the weekend if we go. So maybe I'll get lucky up there.

2. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Good Lake Kevin. Johnnie can tell you where you need to go to catch some good ones. Where at on the lake?

3. sheldonc

sheldonc New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Good luck. Lots of water up there. If it don't rain me out I may
    go up there Saturday evening after I get off work. Maybe the crowd will be dying down late that evening.

Let us know how you do.

4. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    Well just as I figured My wife's last minute idea wasn't going to work out..

Waiting this late to come up with an idea like this on Memorial Day weekend never works out. Lake Ouchita is all booked up. Not even a campsite left much less a cabin. I kinda figured that that would happen but my wife was all excited about it so I didn't say anything.

She still wants to do something this weekend but don't know what... Anybody have any suggestions for things going on in Arkansas this weekend???

5. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    well darn kev, that sux. my friend joey and i are planning to go to wilamena tomorrow and see if we can catch enough bluegill to fish with and then try to catch some of johnnie and cass's big blues. we're gonna drift all the deep water by the dam and see if we can maybe come up with a new state record pet blue.

6. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    I didn't know they had a category for pet blues :smile2:

7. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Are you takin them cats home and makin house pets out of them?

8. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    If he is I wanna watch him try and potty train em lol

9. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Kevin, not much going on here either. Just load up and come on up for a visit. Always welcomed at our house!