Might be movin out

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by BigCatter54, Jan 25, 2010.

1. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Well guys, lookin more and mre likely taht I am gonna headin south with the job, down to new orleans for a big goverment job. Dont have any dates yet but the way I am seeing it it will be sometime between mid spring and early summer.

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Well, damn, Chad. I know ya gotta do what ya gotta do, but I hate to see you leave the area. Good luck and say hello to HarryOld (Skunkmaster).

3. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    cant let cattin get in the way of work, hate it for you never fun to move. (hey can i have the boat) j/k

4. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Everything I own is always for sale.....................................if the price is right. Wont be to terribly bad, still be somewhat close to the mississippi, at least close enough to make a saturday trip out to her and do some fishin.

5. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Chad dont sale the boat... I'll just keep it for you til you get back... And dont worry about the slime I'll wash it off...

6. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Hate to hear that Chad. But you will be close to the Miss. and you will be in a town that has a winning football team.

7. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Well hell, you're leavin and I hadn't got to fish with ya yet. I've been to NOLA a few times because of work & it can be a good time. Good luck and tight lines bro...

8. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    The only way it would get slime in it is If I went with you and caught the fish---LOL

9. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Hate to see you leave but it could be worse.....New orleans don't sound that bad to me, the Mississippi just to the west of you, lake Pontchartian just to the north and the Gulf of Mexico just to the south......sounds like a fishermans paradise.

10. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City

Thats how I look at it, the way it looks, just lookin at areas and talking to people, New Orleans isnt the best place in the world to live, got a few communities just east of New Orleans that I think we are gonna look at, puts us a little farther away from the sippi but, still not far enough that I wont go out on the weekends and do some fishin.

11. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    I hear bank fishing is pretty good down there...... How much for the boat...lol

12. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
  13. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    $100

14. hook'em

hook'em New Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    if you end up going make sure and let me know. I can tell you some great fishing and duck hunting (public) places around. At least enough to get you going. Southern LA truly is a sportsmans paradise.

Whatever you do don't get rid of you catfishing rig and tackle. If you like the pull of a bluecat, you're gonna love the pull from a 36" bull red fish. Believe it or not, I'd rather catch a redfish than a catfish, same as eat one. Catching speckled trout on topwater baits at sunrise out in the sulfer mines will make you slap your grandma. Some of the most fun I've ever had fishing!

There are some good parishes to live in down there even if you're just on a modest income. I can give you some ideas on that also.

So much to do in the way of fishing it would take hours to explain it all. If it weren't for having an established business going right now I wouldn't think twice about moving there. I'm almost jealous.:tongue1:

hook'em

15. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    THanks hookem, i think we are going to look at the slidell, mandeville area for starters, know anything about those areas, maybe Laplace or ganzales also. Who knows, my wife and I have just been looking on the internet at listed houses that are at least within 45 minute drive to work, tops an hour. But I have no idea when i am even heading that way, I will find out more in two weeks.

Chad

16. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    maybe in your dreams, but hey its worth a shot, its like a good buddy of mine told me once, all they can do is turn ya down............:wink:

17. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    You will need to be within 15 miles of work if this is your goal. Just besure that your not driving across town. If your in Sildell then you will have to deal with the bridge traffic to get to N.O. I would get out of Laplace if I was you. Gonzales is a nice town but a good drive to downtown N.O. You might look around Sorento.

18. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Gonna miss you if you go, Chad. But of all the places NOLA...you are going to love it. The sporting opportunities, the music, the food...the ta-tas...

I LOVE NOLA...can I come with.

19. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis

Wow, I never been to NOLA, But the way you just made it sound i wanta go too....lmao

20. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois
    The warmer weather and the Cajun food would be a very big incentive for me to make the move. Fishing for speckled trout is wonderful. Southern Louisiana would be one of the places that I would consider in retirement plans. I love New Orleans and the French Quarter. WE have relocated so many times with the dam Okie's work that it has become a second nature for us. Of course, we maintain our home on Seedtick Crossing in OK and live in our RV while we are on the jobs. For us, it is easier than trying to locate housing. How long do you think this job will last? I have a friend that works construction and she bought her home in Gonzales and loves the area, but as Scott said, traffic to & from work can be a big downfall. We had a grandson that worked in GAryville and lived in LaPlace and it took him way over an hour to travel the 10 miles.

Peace/Phyl