Might be losing my job!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TNVOLCAT, Feb 26, 2007.

1. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It looks as if I might be losing my job. I got a new supervisor back after Thanksgiving. Since he has been here, he has been evaluating everyone's job and what they do. Well, between him and the general manager they decided they wanted to go a different direction as far as what my job pertains. And they believe I'm not capable of going that direction. So, they offered me another position with the company or termination. The position they're offering is a good job and in the future could probably make more money. The big problem that I have with it is the shift change. I would be working Sunday-Thursday, 3 pm-11 pm. Now to most people that might not seem that big of deal, but I've got 2 1/2 yr. old twins that I dearly love spending time with in the evenings. Not only will this be hard on me, it will be hard for my whole family. I might not be able to get on the BOC for a while, but I'll keep in touch some sort of way. All I ask is to pray for me and my family and that the situation will work itself out.

Thanks,
    Brandon

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Brandon, I hope you find what you are looking for in a job as well as the hours and days off. It is getting tougher to find good jobs in almost any field now. Good luck I

3. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    Everything happens for a reason. Just keep your head up and the spirt inside you and all will work out in the end.

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Prayers are sent Brandon that everything will work out. Keep us posted.

5. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Brandon, you will definitely be in our prayers buddy. God don't slam one door unless he opens one better.

6. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Just remember, when God closes 1 door, he opens another or a window. Being in the halway may seem "Hellish" but, once you are through the newly opened door, you will look back and say, that wasn't soo bad.

7. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Prayers sent from Missouri.Hope everything works out for you Brandon.

8. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Prayers sent Brandon.

My only advice is to be flexible. When providing for a family, sometimes you've just gotta do what you've gotta do. Sounds like you're in a tough spot.

I quit a job that made tremendous money, to go to work on the family farm making about 1/3 of my normal pay. But, I did it because I saw major change coming down the road in the other company and I was gonna get left high & dry. Best decision I ever made.

Good luck.

9. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sounds like one heck of a tough decision. 3p-11p ruins your whole day. Hey I'm looking for a fellow meat cutter.LOL! Just keep you eyes open, you will find something. Starting over is not always a bad thing. good luck.

10. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I hear ya brother, just remember, its easier to look for a job when you have one so I suggest taking the 2nd shift work until you can find something else. Take it from someone who left a crappy job for a better one, and then 9 weeks into the new job, got laid off (again ) so I been looking every day since mid October and my unemployment days are now growing smaller each day. I understand the "when 1 door closes, another will open" but since my first layoff 6.5 years ago, my life has been pure hell. ( jobwise) Im trying to get into another field but that is hard to do and keep your head above water bill wise. Im rooting for ya though, hang in there.

Salmonid

11. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Brandon, Will definitely keep you and your family in my prayers.
    Just know that God always makes a way, even when we see none.

Carolyn

12. Jay Jay

Jay Jay New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Brandon, Take the job,I got t
    win grandkids and they are better behaved in the morning when they first get up .Nobody likes change but its often for the good ! Show them your a company man . Best of luck !

13. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    at our house for you and your family. Sometimes you got to do what you don't want to do. If you have a job offered I'd take it least for now. That way you still have an income coming in while your looking. Never know you stick it out they may see thier way wasn't so great and offer the old position back to you. What ever you deceded to do were all praying for you .Just Hang In There. GOD BLESS!!

14. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Good luck on the tough decision you have to make. I agree with some of the other replies, I would take the job at least until I found another. Sounds like you will still have Friday and Saturday off each week and not have to be at work until 3:00 P.M. on Sunday. Could be much worse.JMHO

15. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Brandon, You & your family have my prayers & best wishes. As hard as it may seem, @ least you will still have a job, just with a different position & time schedule.

There are lots of my friends that were told @ the company Christmas party, this year that they were laid off indefinately:eek:oooh: .

Hang in there & keep doing so, 'till you find something better.

God Bless, Elliot

16. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Best of Luck to you!!!

17. mperry

mperry Member

State:
    Indiana
    I had to work from 5pm to 5am and missed a lot with my kids when they were young. Did that for about 6 years. Had to watch ballgames and plays on tape but I had to do it. Good jobs are hard to find. Been on day shift for the last 12 years. Still work 5 to 5 or later. I think my kids understand what I did and why I did it now. Just luckily got a few grandkids that I hope I can watch their games and it wont have to be on tape. Stick with it or hopefully you can find something better. Just remember you have to take care of your family.

18. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Seems to me like a no brainer. Ya do what ya gotta do and part of it is keepin a roof over them twins head as well as the lites on and food in the fridge. Just cause the days off and the shift is not just exactly what you want is a tough break. You don't need prayer. Ya need to wake up and evaluate what ya got goin for ya. Seems like a pretty bold move just to leave a job cause it interfears with your days off and shift. Myself and the Mrs. raised 3 sons with a set of twins. As ya can see there is no sympathy pourin out from me. We did it workin different shifts with crazy days off. I'm done. Now ya'll can send the lynch mob out for me.

19. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Brandon, good luck on the new job.

But being stuck on the same shift I wouldn't have cared for unless it was days. I worked 17 years of swing shift.
    The way I looked at it, my job provided very well for my family, sometimes family had to give a little for my job.

20. Skipjack

Skipjack New Member

State:
    LaGrange, Ky.
    Lots of good advice Brandon, but I tend to agree with George. Grab the bull by the horns, brother! Start an aggresive job hunt. Get your resume together and start sending it out. Post it on monster.com. Do a job search at help wanted.com. Put the word out! Let the right people know that you are looking. If there are any desirable jobs out there, thats how your going to get one. But, by all means, don't quit untill you find another job. My prayers are with you. David