Might be last nite out this season

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by dannybcc, Sep 23, 2006.

1. dannybcc

dannybcc New Member

State:
    Sioux City, Iowa
    Hello Iowans and neighbors.
    The wife and I will be heading out on the Missourri maybe for the last time this season Saturday. We will be coming back in Sunday afternoon. They are suppose to be dropping the river here in Sioux City around the first of Oct. Wouldnt be able to get the boats out of landing at that point.
    Our main target will be flatheads with Bluegills. Shad have been easy to come by so I will net a few when we leave and ice em. Another cabin cruiser that goes with us will be using creek chubbs. We have Sonny's along for channel cat when the sun is up. Everything will be live bait after dark.
    I am out of Danny King's so I ordered some close to a month ago. Guess it got lost in the mail. Looks like fishin season will be over by the time I get it.
    Wife already told me heat will be on tonight. 70% chance of rain. Great sleeping weather on the boat.
    Nothing like being out on the boat and getting woke up by a "screamin clicker"
    Tight lines everyone.
    Danny J

2. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    The last trip, no way man buy some coveralls and hit it this winter. I proablly fished more last winter then I did all summer:smile2:

3. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Good luck brother , but I hope this isn't your last trip for the year!!

4. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    It's still too early to be talking about the last trip of the year now!

5. bigcatJoe

bigcatJoe New Member

State:
    indiana
    It can't be your last trip out the winter is some good fishing for some blues

6. dannybcc

dannybcc New Member

State:
    Sioux City, Iowa
    Hey guys
    Boy do I appreciate everyones concerns. But when the corpse of engineers drops the river so you cant get to the landings and you are using an inboard outboard that will have to be winterized you do have limits.
    Besides, my bow is ready for fall Deer and Turkey. It wont take long to get the snowmobile and portable ice house ready either. Fishing for flatheads with my wife and friends on a saturday night is my most favorite thing to do. I know it will be tough, but I will make it.
    Now one last big decision for this saturday. Flatheads or White Sox /Twins.
    Tight lines everyone.
    Danny J

7. TonyJr

TonyJr New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Good luck! Don't worry, we'll keep you posted on the winter fishing!:lol::big_smile:

8. oldstylelight

oldstylelight New Member

State:
    LeClaire, ia
    remember you guys down south, we get ice on our lakes up here!

9. TonyJr

TonyJr New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    You're just trying to make use jealous!!:lol: Never done any ice fishing but always wanted to try it. May be a little difficult running my jugs on the ice:lol: :lol: :big_smile: !

10. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    When they drain the lakes here I fish like crazy! The fish get caught in ponds left by the lowering. I have to walk aways so I take 1 pole tackle bag and 5 gallon bucket. Try it!
    Bill