Might be gettin a new project boat

Discussion in 'Boating' started by catfishing is fun, Dec 27, 2007.

1. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    Im rly not a boat person, so Im not sure about the specifics of the boat, but as I find out ill update you on it... all I know is its free so it will need work, ill get some pictures up as soon as I get them

Just puttin this out here
    Marshall

2. catfishing is fun

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    well i was feeling quite motivated to get off on the right foot, so as soon as i posted I ran out to get pictures and information... it took me about 3 steps outside to relize that it was dark lol :roll_eyes:, but what I am really looking for as far as information goes is; after I get it ,and make sure it floats I planned on probibly having to redo the floor in it, and mabye find some seats, after that probibly spend a couple days tinkering with the engine, and getting it tuned. but after that, what are the most important things on a cattin rig, I was thinkin just a few rod holders, lights, a depthfinder, and mabye a bait tank?

what would you put on ur boat (limited budget)

Thanks
    Marshall​

3. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    PFD's is where I would start. If it has been sitting a while, a new fuel line and sqeeze ball. Anchors are handy to have with some good rope.

4. catfishing is fun

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    thanks man.. i dont know why i didnt think to list those things... but thanks again... what is a squeeze ball?

5. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    A squeeze ball is the ball attached to the fuel line that you squeeze to prime the engine.

6. catfishing is fun

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    thanks i thought thats wat it was