Might be fishing from the bank rest of the yr!

Discussion in 'WEST VIRGINIA RIVER TALK' started by mrshadetree0222, Jun 8, 2008.

1. mrshadetree0222

mrshadetree0222 New Member

State:
    Buffalo, WV.
    I went out yesterday evening to to get ready for a fishing trip today and found a big puddle of prop-hub oil on the ground under the engine? And if that wasnt bad enough went to an electric only lake today only to get 2.5 miles from dock and break the trolling motor mount in half! Yes it broke in half! So now in the sweltering heat i had to lay down on the bow on my belly and hang over the bow of the boat and hold the trolling motor by hand all the way back to the dock. Couldnt run it but on level 2 speed as 3-4-5 had to much torque for me to hold it by hand. Two hours later i get us back to the docks and get er loaded up. Back home now , googling to find myself a new trolling motor mount and maybe find me a set of prop-hub seals, and or prop-hubs! I could sure use a welder for the real close local guys if anyone could contribute to the cause! i thinki have a way to fix the trolling motor mount but gotta get a welder to do some welding for me!( Im not begging for help, just asking if someone could lend(can settle debt when i get back to work) to a fellow in time of need since i have been out of work for almost 2 mnths now due to medical issues!):sad2:

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Sorry to here about your motor troubles! Mine are only half as bad . I got a trolling motor . But my 1970 40hp 1000.00 to fix ! Sooo I have to wait until next year to replace with a 25hp tiller hopefully I can get one for 3000.00 with a warranty !

3. mrshadetree0222

State:
    Buffalo, WV.
    Well i do wish a bunch of luck, on getting yourself a good one this time! An old wise feller told me just the other day that a fishing boat is nothing more then a money pit on water! At this point i am believeing to be true! But the wise man also said, i would rather pay to float then swim :smile2:for free!

4. mrshadetree0222

State:
    Buffalo, WV.
    Well great news, doesnt look like i wil be finishing this yrs fishing season from the bank. Got a bunch of good news from ourt local marina in winfield, and looks like all is good with my boat(engine)

5. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Glad to hear you will be up and running ! Sometimes bank fishing can be taxing up and down the bank ,moving to new spots etc.. I have to bank fish alot but at least I am fishing ! Good luck with the boat ! My wife calls my boat a money pit to except when she is out on it !

6. River dog

River dog New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I don't know how you guys afford to run your boats with gas as high as it is. I sold my 12 foot boat a couple of years ago because it was toosmall for the river and have really enjoyed finding good spots and talking to all the people i meet along the way . Boats are great but sometimes the bank can prove to be just as good if not better .

7. mrshadetree0222

State:
    Buffalo, WV.
    Well I do agree with you and the cost, but it is the fact that I have spent the last 20 yrs bank fishing, now my health and back conditions have progressively worsened in the past yr. I can no longer walk up and down the banks, up rocky inclines, 71% pitches, or even a 85% pitch anymore(two of my favorite spots) This way I get in my boat on the level and get to my life long honey spots! with no torture or punishment on my back! I didnt go buy a $20k basss boat, I just went and baught a 1996 TRACKER V-HULL 16FTR W/40MERC. ON THE BACK retired tornaument fishing boat for half of its value ($3,000.00)! So in that aspect I didnt go wrong. And with my most recent of medical worsenings I am barely walking at this point so it really is a relief for me to be able to make one big climb in and one big climb out and fish all day in comfort without the pains of walking or climbing! I might end up in a wheelchair before all this medical is over with, but even then I will find a way into the boat to fish!