Midnight Visitors

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by topjimmy, Jun 27, 2008.

1. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    Last trip we had some very brazen midnight visitors. It is wise to pick up your trash in the evening, rather than in the morning.

But hey, when it is dark and you are fishing, you get kind of lazy. :embarassed:

Attached Files:

2. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    Here's a few more...

Attached Files:

3. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    Just wondering with those skunks running around did you have any luck or was it just the skunks that had all the luck.

4. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Hey James what lake were you at and did you have any luck?:0a17:

5. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    :smile2: I know one at Bartlett a little too personally. I'm glad i sleep in my boat now and not the ground anymore. Between the skunks and scorpions it can get real interesting sleeping on the ground. How was the fishin?

6. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Just for my information is scorpions a big problem at Bartlett and are they bark scorpions. I personally do alot of tent camping wherever I go.

:0a36:

7. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I don't know much about scorpions, but i know i have seen two different kinds at Bartlett. Some are the orange/tan ones and some are kinda clear with a green tinge to them in the light. Really hard to see unless they are moving. They shouldn't bother you in a tent. I was just throwing a sleeping bag on the rocks and sleeping in the rocks. Prolly not the best idea, but have done it all over Arizona countless times and haven't been stung yet. Just keep your eye open. When the sun comes up they hide under the nearest object so check all you gear real good before loading it up. I have found serveral under my water jug, sleeping bag, lunch and tackle boxes. HTH

8. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Was sorta wondering what ever happened to the EX,Now I Know.Watch out Fellas Shes a Real Stinker,:wink: J.D.

9. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    I just cant believe you fed them all of my cheesie puffs!!!!! :confused2: I think next time, I will feed them your steak!!!!!!!:crazy:

10. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona

We were at Bartlett. A couple of smaller cats and several carp. Nothing big and no flatties. The water level dropped quite a bit over last weekend.

We shall try again this weekend and see what happens.

11. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    I was at bartlett one night and woke up to two of them things trying to drag my bag of chips and my camera case off. One of them was about 3 feet from my face. Thank God it was one of the few times I didnt take my dog. It would have been a stinky ride home.

Micah

12. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I really like the pictures. I see shunks every so often and I always like seeing them because they are such a neat critter. Just never spook one and you're ok.

13. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    When theres nobody around I usually give those cute little camp marauders the shotgun. Just make sure its a headshot for instant kill or you'll be moving to another camp in the middle of the night.