Middle TN- marrowbone lake

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by mcwrestler, Jan 19, 2010.

1. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    If anyone on here fishes marrowbone or knows anything about it could you PM me, I have a few questions about the place.

Thanks.

2. festus

festus New Member

Hey McWrestler, I don't know if you're familiar with Byrd Lake in Cumberland County in Crossville. Marrowbone Lake is similar, except you have to pay a fee. It's a very minimal fee, however. Byrd Lake is stocked with trout in the wintertime, so is Marrowbone. Both are excellent fishing holes year-round. I've never fished Marrowbone, but have a friend who used to. He was stationed at Ft. Campbell in the 101st, and somehow got a free permit to Marrowbone for being a soldier. I ate some trout and cats he caught up at Marrowbone while visiting he and his wife on base. It is stocked with crappie, bass and bluegill, also. My soldier friend usually fished Barkley and Kentucky lakes and tailwaters, but when he wanted to stay closer to home he stuck to Marrowbone because it was closer and almost a sure thing to catch something.

3. WattsBarCatfisher

WattsBarCatfisher New Member

State:
    Kingston T
    LOL Hey brad its JR from the duckpond.... i live in kingston now.

4. Catfishnewbie08

Catfishnewbie08 New Member

State:
    TN
    I've fished Marrowbone several times, but don't go much anymore since its kind of outta my way. You have to pay a $5 entry fee and you can rent a boat for $8 for the day. If you want to bring your own boat, you can only use a electric motor, no gas motors are allowed. It has LM Bass, Crappies, Bream, Shellcrackers, trout, and catfish. I've personally never caught a cat out of there myself, but I've been told that there are some big ones lurking in there. I've seen giant Isreali Carp swimming in the shallows, so big that they look like logs untill they move. The old man that runs the little shop there is a wealth of knowledge and is happy to answer any question you may have, including good locations for your targeted species.