middle of augest?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by aimmotorsports, Aug 3, 2009.

1. aimmotorsports

aimmotorsports New Member

State:
    michigan
    we are planing a camping trip and are looking for a good spot or two to fish. we were thinking somewhere near muskegan, but are open for idea's. we would like to catch some channels possably flathead's and some steelhead if there around. we should be heading out on aug. 16th or 17th.

oh and we will have a smaller row boat with us if it will help...

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  2. Northstar

Northstar New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Not sure about the cattin on the Muskegon. I have heard the lake is good. State record flat came from there. The delta (lower) part of the river is shallow. Navigation in these parts is tough. I have fished steelhead above the delta all the way to Newago. There are some nice looking holes for catfish. I have have just never made it back to them in warmer months. As for the steelhead the Muskegon dose not have much of a skamainia run. You would be better off on the St. Joe. I wish you luck on the hunt and post back with what you find. One More thing welcome to the brotherhood.

3. aimmotorsports

aimmotorsports New Member

State:
    michigan
    didnt endup going. ran out of cash before then... and work for that matter. trying to find some local spots...

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Alex Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. I look forward to reading of your fishing/:0a23::0a25::0a25:camping trips.

5. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I think steel head would be fun to catch, Welcome to the BOC Alex.