Middle Creek Park Rangers

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by catfish9, Sep 9, 2008.

1. catfish9

catfish9 New Member

State:
    kansas
    I recently went to middle creek state fishing lake to camp with my son and daughter and while I was there(which was half a day and one night). I saw an officer pull in and I was in my boat going to the ramp to load it up and he parked just waiting to check me,my boat,and whatever else he wanted.I have been there three times in 3 months and I have always been checked.I think that this lake is a wonderful fishing spot but it seems to be getting a little out of control with the officrs,do we really need to be checked every time we are there?has this been an issue with anyone else? :confused2:

2. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I have not been to Middle Creek but I have been check more this year than I have all the years combined. The way I see it if you are not doing anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about. I'm glad to see the Rangers more maybe they are catching some people breaking the laws that in years past they have missed.

3. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Wonder if they shouldn't be spending more time at Hillsdale or La Cygne?:confused2:

4. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I think this is the year for crack down in boating , I have been ck. more times this year then the last 3 years. The main thing that they are cking is the kill switch attached to your PFD and a PFD for everyone on broad.

5. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I've been checked 5 times at Kaw Point this year, twice by KDWP and 3 times by county parks. The county guys pretty much just want to see fishing licenses and boat registration, the KDWP guys did a pretty thorough check of equipment. I kind of like seeing them down there, so I guess I don't mind getting checked as a trade off, but that does seem like overkill for Middle Creek.

6. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i want to see them more often keeps honest people honest

7. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    I like seeing them but I think once they check you out maybe a wave and have good day would be fine I am sure they make a record of everyone they check I get that target profile syndrom when I feel I have been checked out too often I want to ask them if I look like a criminal

8. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    dont feel bad thats how i feel when i get pulled over in my small town everyother month

9. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    I HAVE BEEN CHECKED SIX TIMES THIS YEAR, 2 TIMES AT EL DORADO, 2 TIMES AT EUREKA CITY LAKE, ONCE AT WOODSON COUNTY, AND ONCE AT MARION. I DON'T MIND, BUT IT SEEMS A LITTLE MUCH FOR ONE YEAR RWG

10. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    They should be at the outlet at Clinton and Perry 24/7 in April, May, and June !!!:angry:

11. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Yep, they must need gas money. You figure that would keep them away.:smile2:
    I have seen them at the city lakes and the dams but have yet to see them on my rivers. I wont be suprised when I do.
    They should kinda ease up once they know you are legit.
    Down in Ok they would check everyone excepet my Dad. He was always legal and was always there.:smile2: Kinda pointless to waist your time.
    On the other hand, it may be a good idea to keep a copy of the regulations. I have had situations where I knew the laws better than they did.:confused2: Lots of rookies with that go gettem attitude.:smile2:
    Hopefully its a good thing. Just seems to me that they are targeting the wrong people.

Let sign a petition to get them to go after jet skiers, drunks, and things that hurt people.:wink::smile2: Too much work I quess.

12. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I have had my boat out on every lake in NE kansas this yr and have not be ck one time.Every weekend i'm been somewhere and have not even seen a warden.

You guys must look like a bunch of hoodlums to the law.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

If they would of stop by Tuttle they would of got a woody chasing us all down..:smile2:

Let see:
    Skinny Dipping
    Open container
    Open container before 8am in the morning
    Two many people in one tent
    Sorning
    Cooking in the rain
    One drunk south African
    Disturbing the peace after midnight curfew

13. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    I'm with Tom I have been out a lot this year Melvern 5 times,Hillsdale 5 times clinton twice,Pomona twice, Pleasonton 15 times and Shawnee mission 10 times and Kaw point 6 times and I haven't been checked once.I did see a creel clerk at Pleasonton once. I do know most of the game wardens and I do work for the state so that might explain it.

14. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Hey tom don't forget the no wake zone. I remember seeing a blue bullet.:smile2:. Sorry Dan couldn't leave ya out.:wink:

15. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Its all good.

I really did not see a sign for the "No Wake" guess I should look around before I put in.

16. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Thanks Chris,,,yes the blue bullet was on a mission.

Sorry Dan!:smile2:

And let's not forget the big guy in a little rain suit:smile2::eek:oooh::roll_eyes::cool2:

17. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    I got a new boat in 05, and have been spending a LOT of time on the water, and I haven't been checked yet. I very rarely even see a Ranger at El Dorado. I don't think their checking enough.

18. catfish9

catfish9 New Member

State:
    kansas
    I don't mind getting checked but I do not like being treated like I break the law.I am an avid conservationist and I think the lakes should taken care of and looked after,but I have times when I do not want to go to middle creek because of it.When I was there with my buddies the second time,he pulled in front of my buddies truck and boat and would not let him move. the guy kept us in a thunderstorm for 30 minutes checking us.He checked the cooler and the live wells etc.... When and where the officers patrol needs attention. I can understand kaw point,but middle creek cmon.Thanks for the input.I guess if thats what it takes to keep fishin then im on board.good luck.

19. catfish9

catfish9 New Member

State:
    kansas
    you are right gary kaw point needs it.the bums and the thieves like the area.My shop is two minutes from there.I think that area needs more patrols but it wont keep me away.good luck

20. river_runner_85

river_runner_85 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Yeah I remember that night. He scared the crap out of me. I didn't even see him pull up. I turn around and wham he's right there already asking fifty questions. They are out there doing their jobs, but i think they need to start checking other spots. That is the only time this year I have been checked and I'm out on the river every weekend.