Midddle Tennessee catfishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by TN-CATFISHER, May 14, 2007.

1. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    Hey all. This seemed like as good a place as any for a first post since I'm looking to hook up with some local anglers. I've lived in middle TN for several years now, but just finally got a boat and have started exploring a little. To be honest, I've only spent a little time actually targeting catfish, but I aim to try my luck at something besides channels and bullheads now :embarassed: . I caught only my first cat since I've been in TN last week. A small channel out of Normandy lake near Manchester. Went down and tried Cordel Hull damn from shore last night and got nothing but snags and sheephead. I'm curious if anyone around here's tried Tim's Ford, Center Hill, Cordel Hull, or the Cumberland in the Carthage area. Nice to meet ya'll, and hope to see some of ya soon.

2. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Harrison TN
    Name:
    Eric Maurer
    Welcome! You're in the right place to learn about cats AND to catch them! Enjoy!

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Welcome aboard jon. I have fished Tims ford several times but it doesn't produce a good size blue but have caught several 4 and 5 pounders there. Bam on here has fished JP and about fished it out. Where are you at in middle Tenn. we may be able to hook up sometimes in the near future. we have several here that fish within a hundred miles or so of middle tn.

4. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    Thanks Bubbakat. I live in between Woodbury and Manchester, about 25 miles from downtown Murfreesboro. YES I'd be interested in hooking up some time. By JP, you referrin to J Percy Priest? I've heard of some fantastic blue and flathead fishing there. Speaking of Bam, I tried to PM him back, but it said I had to have 10 posts first. This is my first day posting to the board, so hopefully he reads this.

5. DeadWieght

DeadWieght New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Priest is a very fine Cat fishery. It's finding old Charlie thats the hardest.
    I'm new as well, but welcome to the site. I sure was happy to find it.

As far as J Percy Priest. The cats should be moving towards the small streams soon. Try freelining a tuffy minnow.

6. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
  7. GRABALLAL

GRABALLAL New Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    blues are off beds , channels coming off fish best sun bright no wind 3ft. to 12ft

8. Wade Patton

Wade Patton New Member

State:
    Woodbury, TN
    I live about one mile from 53 Mkt. And am looking for a new fishing partner or two. I've fished the bottom end of Normandy and am working on the upper end of Center Hill this year. JUST don't have much time for it now. Brand new business and all. Pulled one 17-incher and missed a few last outing-R&R only. 'Bout ready to go jugging.

Store number is 563-6930. My cell 542-1957