Mid-west Whitetail hunting land

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by CKT, Mar 1, 2007.

1. CKT

CKT New Member

State:
    Winston-Salem,NC
    Me and my son are looking for a place in the midwest to hunt whitetails. We would like to find a farm or landowner who would charge a reasonable fee to hunt their land! If any one has a desire to catfish in SC we have a cabin that is 50 miles north of columbia which makes it close to lake wateree lake monticello , lake murray and not to far from santee cooper , we would be willing to trade some hunting time out west for use of our cabin ! if interested or have any information please contact via PM

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I hunt on the MO/Iowa border north of Kirksville, MO. The farm I hunt averages 90 to 100 deer a season. For bucks, there is a 8 point minimum. They do have hunters coming in from Georgia & Mississippi for both deer and turkey. I am mainly a doe hunter, myself. Year before last, I got 5 does in a total of 6 hours actually hunting. I doubt I could ever do that again, but it is not uncommon for me to average 2 does a day. Usually, I hunt evenings only. The largest concentration I have seen there, is 32 deer, with 12 being shootable bucks. You can get more info from one of the owners at the email (PMcCartney@mfaincorporated.com).
    Let him know I gave you his email.
    If I ever get too old to hunt, I'm still going to that deer camp every fall.

3. huntsfromtree

huntsfromtree New Member

State:
    KC Northland
    CKT, you lookin to bowhunt or gunhunt? Dont overlook public property here in Missouri. Mark Twain National Forest covers much of central and southern Mo and can be some great hunting if your willing to hike long distances. If not or dont have time to scout check out some private leases. Sorry cant help with leases but good luck.

4. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Kutter is in a great area for deer. I used to hunt south of Kirksville on my brother in law's dads farm. Lot of deer all throughout that area and loads of turkeys. I've counted 12 flocks in a picked soybean field with 12-14 birds in each flock.

5. tfabry

tfabry New Member

State:
    Fremont, Wisconsin
    gun or bow hunt and how long are you thinking (WI)

6. CKT

CKT New Member

State:
    Winston-Salem,NC
    BOW OR GUN EITHER ONE WILL WORK

7. CKT

CKT New Member

State:
    Winston-Salem,NC
    3-6 DAY HUNT WOULD BE PERFECT