Mid-night shift - Perfect for catfish

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by tunnel hull, Apr 3, 2009.

1. tunnel hull

tunnel hull New Member

State:
    SO.il.
    The best thing about 3rd shiftis being able took run by the lake for a couple of hours on your way home.Drop in a line see what happens,keeping in touch with with fish activity.LOOK what was active on friday morning while the water was on the rise!! 4-3-09 :wink:

Attached Files:

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Were did ya find that one at? Lake/River?

3. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I used to work 12 hr swing shift, it was nice when getting off in the am during the week and having the whole lake, river, woods, or house to myself. I'm strictly a day shifter now, 10 hr days Mon thru thurs, 3 day weekends. Congrats on the catch.

4. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    very nice, you catch that guy outta rend?

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    WTG Steve. Nice fish. Thanks for sharing.

6. malaki

malaki New Member

State:
    Redmon Illinois
    man i know what you mean!! i always worked days untill i got this job. 2nd shift sucked so i switched to 3rd. didnt think i'd like it but wound up loving it. get off work fish till it got to hot, sleeep in the ac during the hottest part of the day get up watch some primetime and go to work when its nice and cool. since the downturn and all the layoffs i got bumped to day shift. oh how i miss the 3rd shift fishing! and its only april!!!

7. tunnel hull

tunnel hull New Member

State:
    SO.il.
    yeah,the gradeyard shift has the fishing advantage! lake all to ones self except for the locals. Plus there is a 30 cent more pay an not vary many BIG WHEELS(boss) This shovlehead is hopefuly one of many this spring.Nothing in his belly,and no unwanted fat. That tells me it's the Start of the feeding cycle, water is still a lil cold. The rising water level an feeding bait fish was just to much for this poor 7 bags of clean COLD water cat to pass up! preasure was right also..29.70

8. tunnel hull

tunnel hull New Member

State:
    SO.il.
    Lake I thinkin they warm up earlyer . Just a lil thing called bumping the bottom.something i am just try'n fingering out. some times u got to put it right in front of em. Shovelhead fish'n is a never ending learning thang! What a fella will do for a DARNDED old shovelhead?........ :wink:

9. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    just dont take all my flatheads out of rend..:wink: you know i know all of em on a first name basis. that guy in the picture looked alot like ole steve french.

10. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    Nice fish!

11. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Hey I did that once er twiced :wink: Kinda like that "control drift" draggin, bouncin pullen what ever ya may like to call it, works very well on the river also :wink:

12. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    well well nice to see your back to work there rieger thought you might have fallen into a capt coma...lol well been fishin some i got 2 jobs now cable installer in carbondale and still waiting tables at O' Charlies so schedules been little tight but been doin some night fishin at the old lake in west frankfort i've been doin pretty well though limit everytime i go and always 1 big boy in each trip last one i got topped out at 12 pounds goodtimes!! well hollar at me if you get a chance maybe i will meet you for one of your end of shift fishing trips

13. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    hey you work at o'charlies? i know a couple people that work there. you know a girl named kelsie?

14. tswebb71

tswebb71 New Member

State:
    So. IL
    Shane, she wasn't the one that got into the boat with you and Alands last year was she???:smile2::wink::eek:oooh:

15. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    no sir....not the same person at all. just an old friend..boy ill never live that one down:beat_brick::beat_brick:

16. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    yea man i know kelsie good freind of mine do you know her boyfreind Buddy too? yea i have been workin there about 2yrs now. look at that small F'n world huh?

17. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i kinda know that guy buddy but not too well. i also used to work with that guy mark with the glasses. i was in there around christmas when i was home. ive known kelsie for a while. my band used to practice at here house

18. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    No way buddy - you never will :smile2::wink:

19. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    yea mark fisher? lives in west frankfort. wow man crazyness hes like one of the only people i hang out with

20. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    tell him and kelsie you know shane. mark would know me from when i worked at chilis.