Mid-Day on Lake Marion

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by scwolf, Oct 2, 2007.

1. scwolf

scwolf New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Any of you guys got any suggestions for mid day on Lake Marion right now? We did pretty well a couple of weeks ago at night and early morning. This weekend my parents are going to drive down Saturday and fish with us, so I am hoping to get into a few fish during the daytime hours,any help would be great.

Also, anyone know any history around the Green Island area? We are planning on doing some metal detecting during the daytime, will probably be down Friday thru Sunday if anyone is going to be around.

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Robbie if it was me I would head out into the stumps to Little River and look for fish in the bends of the river on drops. The fish should stay pretty deep this time of the year epecially during the daytime. Also the channel wouldnt be a bad place try and mark some fish. There is a point that comes out real close to the channel before you get to nelsons cut and it has always been a good spot to fish. I ddont know any history about the islands but everytime we go down there Keith always likes to get out on those islands and look for arrowheads and has found some nice ones. Good luck.

3. scwolf

scwolf New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks James,

I think I know the point you are talking about, we caught a couple of nice one's close to there a couple of weeks ago. I didn't try out in the stump fields last time we were there, but have done well in the past.

As for the Islands, we went on the other side of the lake around Eutaw Springs and walked the lake bed. Didn't find any arrowheads, but we did find an old rod and reel, so it was pretty cool.

I will post Monday how we do.