Mid Atlantic Boat Show This Weekend

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by WylieCat, Feb 5, 2007.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Ok folks. The Mid Atlantic Boat Show is this week in Charlotte at Charlotte Convention Center. Mudkip and myself are heading out there Sunday, and we wanted to know if any other BOC members will be attending. We can make it the unoffical BOC North Carolina winter gathering!!!

Here are the details:

Show Hours

Wednesday
    12:00pm - 9:00pm
    Thursday
    Friday
    Saturday
    10:00am - 9:00pm
    Sunday
    10:00am - 5:00pm

Admission Price
    Adults $7
    Seniors $6
    Jr Boaters $5 (8-14)
    under 8 free

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Big boy, I will be at the boat show Saturday from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM working a booth for Capt. double G. So, if any of the BOC members are there, please stop by and have a chat with me.

3. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    What time are you guys planning on going???

4. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Sunday. Prob in the late morning early afternoon. Behaving like children in a candy store!!

5. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Rodger wants to be there at 5:00pm when they are closing the doors so he is in a better postition to cut a deal!!!!!

6. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    WylieCat, are you going to help Mudkip haul his Whaler to the show so he can get a trade on the spot? Or, is he going to keep it to take others out to fish for white perch? I think the Whaler deserves some credit for a possible state record, after all, it got him to the spot that he caught his trophy fish. Man, I can just see him in a new ride! WOW ( The elderly gentleman with the beard will be there Saturday from 10 AM to 2 PM, if I don't get too tired)

7. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Mac caught the perch in my Polarcraft jon boat aka the Little Creek Cat Stalker. I use it to check out the bite without having to drag the BW all over creation. Hey! I am looking at those Sundance and CS models real hard!!! They have some nice prices and thier motors prob start better than the old Merc.

8. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    I have a friend who checked out some boat dealers down east and saved himself $3,200 on a 21.9' Sundance and motor. You might want to do a search and see who is selling them down thar and what kind of deal they can offer.

9. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I went top the show today and I was disapointed!!!! There were only like 3 or 4 fishing boat (center console)makes there. Tracker marine had the Makos, Boston Whaler was there, Tidewater, and Triumph. There were some of the Skeeter and Nautistar (if thats what you want). If you are going to look at the Sundance I didnt see any. Pleanty of ski and bass boats, and the bigger cruisers.

10. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Mac I have a friend that did that too!!! :lol:

Billfish there never is a huge selction of fishing boats. Most are geared to the weekend 80+ degree weather types. It is a good place to find dealers though from out of the immediate area.

11. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    I think they are trying to hook our friendly transplants with deep pockets from parts North. They are buying up everything on the lake too.

12. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    better than the old Merc.[/QUOTE]

now rodger how you going to step up without going back to a merc. heck that merc was why you was able to catch that state record.:wink: you better be careful listening to all that talk you hear.:big_smile: i came close to jumping the line myself but i didnt and glad of it. i need parts i get parts.:big_smile: good luck to you.

13. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Like every mechanic has told me that has looked at my Mercury, "if she is smoking, she is running gooooood. Start worrying when she stops smoking"

Those quiet smooth starting motors are nice, but I guess they come with a price tag to match.

14. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    I caught the nice perch while fishing outta my Polar Craft 14 ft with a 20 Honda. That ole Merc is Harrdd! to start.

15. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    well if you had been in mercury theres no telling what that fish could have weighed....:lol: well im glad to see you call it ole anyway. you dont hear that too much with the other brands. i know of one honda 2003 thats already had a new starter put on it 2 years ago. it was real quit that night he called at 3.00 in the morning wanting a wrecker....:lol: a mercury got him home safe though.:wink:

16. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    are yall talking about a shaking merc? I just bought a 2006 2 stroke 90hp merc. it's on a pontoon. it runs great, fast. but when ideling around the no-wake zone it shakes like crazy. The dealer told me to run double oil for first 2 tanks of gas. is shaking normal. I was just going to wait till I run 2nd tank empty and talk to dealer in the spring. but I was reading this thread and was wondering what you think. Guess this should be in boat repair forum but wasnt going that far until I get right gas/oil ratio.

17. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    They were going to name them "BIG GIANT BLACK VIBRATING MOTOR", but that was too much to put on the cowling so they went with Mercury!! :big_smile:

18. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Michael, you would be surprised how many Mercurys I tow in every year with my Honda. The Mercury does not appear to have starter problems, but plugs and carbs. Most Mercury owners keep insisting that I start my Honda so we can move along faster when I'm towing them and I have to remind then that the green light in on, which means that the Honda is under power and moving their boat along at 5 MPH (proper speed to tow someone). What more can I say. PS, did you know that it is against the law to charge someone (you can not even take a tip) for a tow unless you are Coast Guard approved.

19. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    The mecury I got I've had for 3 years with out a problem. I've put alot of hours on it also. I think there 4strokes are pretty good. No complaints.

20. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    now thats funny!!
    I replaced a 60hp merc when I bought this one. It ran great till I parked it for 3 yrs. with a "trigger" problem. then it got bad, I had to replace everything on pontoon and replace motor. dont remember the 60 doing that. mainly I liked it because it never made me swim. ran real good. we lived in a cove similar to FL bay canals. real long narrow channels with dock on both sides. It would no wake through there great and when turning around narrow chanel it seemed very steady as for engine running. it would take a little spring lining and forward and back several times to turn around. Never noticed a shake. I'ts not hard shake that 90hp does but on a pontoon... no-waking pontoon sheetmetal rattles. Its only run 1 tank of double oil gas so motor still breaking in. if it dont seem right this spring I'll see the dealer for sure. got 3 yr warnty. but was wondering if it was uncommon.... wylieCat says no I think. lol thanks for easing my concerns, I guess you can't shake honda's so they made them different. lol thanks guys