microwaves with broilers?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by JERMSQUIRM, Feb 9, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    does any one have the microwaves with the grill broiler in them? what do ya think of em?

i just got one tonight. has the top browner griller element for say browming cheese on foods ect... havent even taken it out of the box yet. got it for the misses for an early valentines day gift. stainless steel exterior with glass turntable. all digital. pretty cool. look forward to trying it. be great for browning cheese on baked taters and stuff.

i think its an emerson, its in the house,lol. 1000watts.

2. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Jerm let us know how it works might get one for my Mrs.

3. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Didn't even know they made such a thing!

Great, now I have to go shopping again!:smile2:

Some day when I hit the lottery I want one of those stoves that has gas burners on top and the ovens (2 of them) are electric. I like to cook with a gas stovetop, but I like to bake and I hate gas ovens to bake with. This thing is the best of both worlds!

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya i just put it in and got it set up. has the turn table and also a wire lifter that raises up dishes to the grill element. has buttons for chicken 1-6 pecies and if you turn the grill micro combo on the food will brown from top. has a setting for popcorn pork ect.... ya i think im gonna like it. now when i put doritoes, cheese ,peppers, and onoins on a plate to make nachos the cheese will brown and not just be melted.:wink::big_smile:

5. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jerm, Doggonnet......now you went and done it...... Did you really have to post that you bought that for your wife for valentines day? Next time put that in the section for men only....ok......lol.

Seriously.... keep us posted on how it works.

6. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sounds like a nice one, must have set you back a good Abu 6500 or so.:smile2:

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well last night i did an old recipe. and put it to use. took foil and placed a large channel fillet on it. hit it with some lemon blackened tss seasoning. a lil choclate habenaro powder. diced up 3 potatoes and a couple carrots and added a can condensed cream mushroom soup. pepper and a dash of season salt and wrapped up and baked for 1 hr on 350. i usually open and add cheese and brown with broiler. last night i removed from oven slid on a plate. added cheese and put it in the micro. turned on the micro/grill combo feature. ran for 2 min. the element had just started getting red. did for two more and then one more. came out smoking hot and cheese was bubbly and just nice and browned. awesome. gonna like this.:big_smile:

8. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    Are you sure you got that for your wife?
    I think you better throw in a bunch of candy with it.
    Sounds like me buying my wife a reel and rod I always wanted for her birthday. lol