Microwave Cure for Garlic Salt Chicken Livers?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by mikesmoff, Jun 10, 2009.

1. mikesmoff

mikesmoff New Member

State:
    New York
    Hey everyone,

Has anyone ever tried covering their chiken livers with garlic salt and then microwaving them instead of laying them out in the sun as per the "normal" method of the Garlic Salt Cure?

Did not find any reference to doing that by searching.

Appreciate the feedback gents!

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Mike microwave's cook from the inside out ...It will cause them to dry like leather ...I do mine in the sun allday ....then save the container of blood they come in and throw them back in it to...it just help's spread more cat loving juice in the water lol:smile2:

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Mike Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. I agree with James on this one. The microwave will dry them out and make them tough.

4. mikesmoff

mikesmoff New Member

State:
    New York
    Thanks gentlemen-

I'm thinking maybe dried out but pliable like leather might not be such a bad thing- stay on hook longer- as long as it isn't too dried out to put hook through and when it sits in the water it still leaves a scent/taste trail.
    I'll try it out soon and let you guys know- I've done the "regular" garlic salt method many times before and it rocks, I just can't help thinking/ trying a new variation on an old theme- an easier to make and potentially less messy (at least to carry around) form of a proven bait intrigues me- we'll see.

Thanks again

5. 40oz

40oz New Member

State:
    Gun Barrel Tx
    I put garlic powder on all my worms & cutbait, still stinks of garlic even after being in the water a while. my bait ratio has really increased

6. DieRache

DieRache New Member

State:
    Indiana
    As well as using Garlic try strawberry jello instead of garlic or salt sometime and let the sun bake that in. Man Cats go nuts over this.

7. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    i wouldnt microwave that liver indoors if i were you that might get a little ripe lol.ive thought of trying that before but never tried it,didnt want to stink up the house.:wink:

8. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky

James, that's smart, soaking them back in their own juices.

9. mikesmoff

mikesmoff New Member

State:
    New York
    You have a point! Thanks for reminding me and helping save my marriage maybe!

10. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    only microwave them for a few seconds, then they stay on the hook better:wink: