Microspin fishing reel for bluegill fishing?

Discussion in 'Bluegill Fishing' started by countrycat15, Mar 28, 2006.

1. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    hey guys, i was at walmart today and saw a shakespeare microspin combo it was very small and looked like it would be good for bluegill fishing(which i do alot of)has anybody ever used this combos and if so plese tell me how u like it.

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yes and they are excellent for the price.:)

3. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    thanks for the info zakk, i am going back friday to get it and yea it is a good price $18!!

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Well worth it man, my little cousin has one and I've used his before. It's a really nice little ultralight. I would have to say when I first saw it I was wondering whether or not it was any good....but once I used it I found out that it really was good.:)

Good luck.

5. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    The reel works well but that is one wimpy pole it comes with.
    I guess it would be ok for the Bluegills though. I like atleast a lil backbone on any pole I use for any kind of fish I go after.

6. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah the pole is very small and flexible but for most Bluegill and stuff like that it should be great, at least it is for my little cousin.

7. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Wal-Mart here has a Ugly Stick Ultra Light combo that looked like it may be decent too..

8. katfish hunter

katfish hunter New Member

State:
    Jacksonville,FL.
    I love this combo,it's the best bluegill pole and reel I have ever used.Great price, just love everything about it.Hey T-Bone,another great combo for bluegills is the shakespeare cirrus , it's ultra light action, and has more backbone than a microspin,and also very cheap.My dad uses this combo,and likes it very well.The best size line for both of these combos is 6# test.

9. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    What are yall's thoughts on the Zebco 11T? I have one and I love it. I got it at a yard sale for $10 and the only trouble I have had out of it so far is the drag does not work. I don't know how to fix it or it would be in perfect shape right now. It works great for bluegill and crappie, I even caught 2 stiped bass on it. The little rod is flexible as all get out but it makes the fishin fun even when you catch a little bity fish.

10. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    I own the Shakespeare micro spin combo It is awesome for crappie and bluegill and i have caught couple big GAR with it i have a blast with it i would recommend it to anyone.

11. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Own around 20 of them, spincast and underspin. We use tham with kids and also give them away as prizes at our events. They work good and have caught nice channels (up to 5 lbs) on them. I buy direct from Shakespeare and get a REAL good price but have to buy at least 6 at a time.

12. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    great post guys. the micro spin's doing great yall.its seen alot of brem and crappie.im going to take it out tomarrow for some bait fishin.

13. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Does the drag work good enough to land some pickerel (small cousin of pike, get 5 pounds at the most) or bass should they hit my perch spinners/spoons I will use? thanks.

14. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Have had no problems with drag. Recommend loosing the drag when in storage for any time. This will keep it from sticking.

15. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    Thats the combo i have got it at walmart for $30 it works really good I actually caught a 6lb bass with it.

16. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i have an ugly stik ultralight from wally world and i LOVE it!! i use it for all my bait and bluegill fishing.

17. Nermal

Nermal New Member

Ugly Stick Ultra Lite combo works for me.

18. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

i love my shakspere microspin and micro lite.

19. catnip

catnip New Member

State:
    texas
    I use mine w/4# test, have caught quite a few fish on it up to five pounds. finese not horse your fish in, the line is so light, that fish don't feel resistance. catnip

20. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    i got the uglystik combo also but took reel off and put a mitchell 310x
    ultralite in the shakespears place its a treat catching gills and crappie with
    it . i caught a 4 lb channel on it and a few 2 lb bull heads too and its
    a great feeling !!!!
    i like this uglystick ultra lite rod used with bobber and a 4/o circle hook
    it practically sets the hook on its own cause of the flex the rod gives.
    its too whippy of a rod for anything other than that type of fishing for my likeing. i have a fast action quantum IM7 ultra lite pole and a quantum
    U.L.reel i use for rubber grub small worm and chompers and small spinners
    that is fun to use also.
    i enjoy U.L. fishing as much as catfishing when the gils are a hittin there aint a dull moment and your constantly busy thats fun to me.