Michigan Weather

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by Sparky Larson, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Hey Guys,
    I don't know what you think, but I've lived in Michigan for over 50yrs., and I love Michigan, but this weather is killing me. We've had 24" of snow already, and believe it or not, winter doen't start til the 21 of Dec. This is crazy, I've been freezing my butt off. This morning when I went to work, it was 10 above zero. I have cleaned my driveway out so many times, I'm at the point of saying, God put it there, let God take it away! I have a feeling though if I did that, I could wait til the 15th of March or maybe april.
    I just thought I would grip a little.
    Sparky

2. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Sparky, Im right with ya-

Im under about 18 inches of snow with 3-4 foot drifts.

more expected this week, and of all things, rain by the weekend.

It ought to be a fiasco.

LOL

Be strong bro!

3. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

This weather falls somewhere between miserable and unbearable. I hardly ever leave the homefront during this time of year except to get essentials. LOL. I miss the weather in North Carolina where there were always a couple of Indian summer days a month during the winter. I said I was going to try some winter catfishing this year. Yeah, right. This weather has proven that I told an outright lie! :0a13: I told my wife that we will be using the salt sparingly, and put it down only when the forecast gives us a week or so break on the snow. The big thing here is the postal worker won't deliver your mail if there is ice on the walk and driveway. Maybe if I close my eyes and make a wish I'll magically end up elsewhere.LOL.

Take care,
    Vic Brown

4. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Darn you Vic,
    That Majic worked! All that crap ended up in my driveway, sidewalk, porch, deck, Hot tub, & lane to my workshop. There is a tail going around about a warm up on Friday. I hope so, Tiffany & Part-Time should be home by then.
    sparky

5. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    well tell em I said Howdy!

And dont feel bad- I spent an hour on the tractor yesterday night clearing my drive and I woke up to 4 footers again this morning! GRRRRRR!

Hy great news for me, figured Id share- Thursday Elena Graduates from Law School!

Have a merry Christmas!

6. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Tell Elena I said congratulations. Kim finished her Master's program as well... :)

7. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    My congrats go out to both Elena & Kim along with a Happy Holiday Greeting!
    Sparky

8. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    I'm about ready to get the boat out of storage and slam some walleye on the saginaw river!! :happy: