Michigan loss!

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by TX Fisherman, Sep 2, 2007.

1. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    michigan lost to apalaction state (dont know hwo to spell it) a division 1AA school, beat mchigan, they got ahead in the 4th i believe and won the game when a 32 yard fielgoal was blocked!!!

2. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    yeah, that game was amazing. wish i would have put a bet on App. :roll_eyes:

3. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

Kevin, did you go to school in texas?:wink::smile2:

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Kevin, don't worry about Phil. He is today's grammar police. AND, as a die hard OU fan, when he sees TEXAS in your info box, he goes a little nuts. He is harmless. Don't think that he was really poking fun at the Texas school system, just that you were commenting on spelling Appalachian and misspelled "who". But thats what grammear police do. LOL

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Go Bucks!! That is all I got to say.

6. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Phil, I don't spell good. I'm to much redneck.LOL.:smile2:

7. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Appalachian state is one of the best AA football programs around but still they shouldnt be beating Michigan unless Michigan took them for granted and just overlooked them.

8. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    this weeks rankings will be real interesting. Should Appalachian state be number 1? Will they even get in the top 25? Verrrrry Interesting

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Ive only got one thing to say
    HAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHA
    GO BUCKS

10. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Did you really believe that Appalachian State would beat the big bad Wolves? You probably would have made some good money if you would have bet on Appalachian State. I'm sure not a Michigan fan, but I would have never thought that they would have lost that game.

11. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Sorry,but you exceeded your limit. You said you were only going to say ONE thing. Did you go to school in OHIO?LMAO

12. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Don't know what all you Buckeye fans are happy for...you don't have to worry about Michigan. Wisconsin is going to destroy you this year.

SudDawg
    GO HUSKERS!!!

13. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Never heard of 'em before? Well you have NOW :wink:.

Appalachian State won the Division 1-AA National Football Championship on December 16, 2005. The first NCAA Football Championship won by any college in NC.

December 15, 2006, Appalachian claimed the Division 1 FCS National Championship, second consecutive NCAA national title.

The Mountaineers have also claimed: seven Southern Conference football titles......1986, '87, '91, '95, '99, 2005 and 2006.

ON September 1st, they played their season opener and BEAT Michigan, becoming the FIRST Division 1 FCS (1-AA) football team to beat a Division 1 FBS (1-A) team RANKED.

The only sad thing about it is.....if they do as well this year, their coach will likely be "spirited" away by a bigger college offering more moolah :sad2:.

Why am I interested? Well, it's in Boone, NC, one of my favorite places. Named for Daniel Boone, an ancestor of mine.

14. riverfishinfool

riverfishinfool New Member

State:
    ohio
    i watched that game cant understand why michigan didnt keep giving hart the ball. he was unstoppable when he played. not a big michigan fan but sucks players stayed for their senior year only to lose season opener. gonna make it real hard for them to become national champs after that loss. app state played a good game

15. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    As a matter of fact I did go to school in Ohio and the one thing I said was HAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHA
    GO BUCKS!!!!
    Now if I was going to say one word then I would have said I was going to say one word :big_smile:.

Well my friend its because its meetchicken. I love how the U of M fans are saying that its best to lose early, which I would agree with but not to 1AA school no matter how good they are.

16. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    At least meatchicken should be able to beat Notre Dame lol.

17. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Lets see ,where is that Biblical story I used to read ,something about this little bitty guy with a sling and this big bad dude what was going to whomp him.The AS players have created a lifetime memory for themselves and a nightmare for Michigan.BUT having said that, David and Goliad only appears ONCE in several thousand years of biblical history.:smile2::big_smile::crazy:Really cool that a NC team did it and as Catgirl pointed out they have a history of football excellence.If I were the Michigan coach I would take heart from the fact,that it is the first time it has happened in the modern record keeping era,then I would go out and feed all my players to the lions,or is that another biblical story HAHAHAHAHAHAHA:big_smile:

18. hunterchet

hunterchet New Member

State:
    WV
    I guess we will still have to hear what a graet conference the big ten is. Every time I try to listen to sports radio there is some Michigan fan (or even worse an Ohio State fan) complaining that even though they already have a loss or 2 they should be ranked higher because they play a tough big ten schedule. How tough can the big ten be when one of thier premier schools cant beat a division 2 team. Breaking news big ten fans, you are not the best conference. That would be the SEC. I dont think the big ten is even the 2nd or third best. The big east is stronger, so is the PAC 10, and most years the ACC is better.

19. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    As Tony told Apolo Creed in the first Rocky movie, "...He doesn't know it's a damn show. He thinks it's a damn fight".

Jon

20. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Now if I was going to say one word then I would have said I was going to say one word
    Well Excuse Me! I didn't mean to insult your intelligence.