michigan gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by ROYDOG, Jun 30, 2008.

1. ROYDOG

ROYDOG New Member

State:
    Charlotte, Mich
    Hey brothers,

I am starting the wheels a movin on the
    "MICHIGAN GATHERING". Please give me some input.
    I guess it would probrably be on a Saturday and would need to be
    at least a few weeks off. How about Lansing....Grand River....August 2nd
    or August 9th. All brothers wanting to camp are more than welcome to stay at my place (Charlotte) or i will find hotels close by....I will do the leg work, just let me know if these dates work.......WHAT DO YOU SAY....BROTHERS...:roll_eyes:

2. michiganwhitetailRLM

michiganwhitetailRLM New Member

State:
    MI
    I see that you read my thread brother. Your invitation sounds great to me and can't wait to hit the grand. I will do my best to get the time off of work in case I need to work the weekend. Do you have any horseshoe pits by chance?...lol! I'll be sure to bring a couple of dishes to pass and I already have about 20lbs of cat fillets that I caught over the last few weeks. Good lookin out for us brother and I look forward to meeting you and your family.....Rick

3. butch fulk

butch fulk New Member

State:
    Charlotte, Mich
    i will be there just let me know were and what to bring

4. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    I willl try to make it with my wife and our boat

And I live just north of St Johns, so I cn commute without any trouble.

-Sal

5. michiganwhitetailRLM

State:
    MI
    Just wanted to let ya'll know that about 11 more folks from another michigan group I am in want to get in on this. I gave them all info for catfish1 and told them the scoop. They are all local michiganders and all round great folks. Now we need some more folks from here to sign-up.
    My little bro will be here from Iraq also, not sure if he will attened yet but he's looking forward to it.
    Glad to see you aboard sal!
    Rick.:big_smile:

6. wishbone1

wishbone1 New Member

State:
    michigan
    ok do we have a date, time, place, yet?

:0a36:

7. wishbone1

wishbone1 New Member

State:
    michigan
    Rick probably need to set a date that will work with your brother if he wants to go.

I'm not familiar with the grand river (fishing sites,parking area,bait shops,etc.)
    so I'll leave place up to someone familiar with the river

should we set up a time to start meeting? (knowing everyone wont be able to be there at exact time.)

I'm thinking shore sack lunch
    (but when it comes to food) oh twist my arm:0a14:
    just my 2cents

8. butch fulk

butch fulk New Member

State:
    Charlotte, Mich
    grand river bait and tackle is only 3 or 4 block from thr grand and one of the dam and the board walk .the sell a lot of river fishing stuff. i never catfish there .just because i new to cat fishing . but me and the boy sucker fish there. we seen salmon and walleye there . i called them and they close at 7pm. they do not sell shrimp.but the sell alot of stink baits .check the dnr wed sit and check the fishing report . it usally tell about the grand in lansing

9. butch fulk

butch fulk New Member

State:
    Charlotte, Mich

10. michiganwhitetailRLM

State:
    MI
    I can't give an exact time and place yet. I'm still waiting to see if some folks from the boc want to join in on this. It looks like we have more from michigansportman willing to go than from here. We should know something within a week to ten days.....rick

11. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL

Great Googly Mooglies, SAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats up o'l buddy, Hope life is treating you well.....

12. ROYDOG

ROYDOG New Member

State:
    Charlotte, Mich
    Hey brothers,

What do you guys think about Saturday, August 9th for the gathering. I can e-mail maps...to my house or even the river where we will be fishin at... just message me with your e-mail address for them.
    You are more than welcome to come in on Friday evening and set
    up camp at my place.... maybe some horse shoes and even a bonfire.We can fish on the day Saturday and even some night fishin if you would like....
    Again you brothers can stay Friday night and Saturday night as well.
    I will have some food and snacks at the house, but would appreciate
    maybe some dishes to pass....we can make sack lunches at the house
    before we head out....there are plenty of bait stores around...lots of restaurants for those who choose so.....even plenty of hotels.

Let me know if i am forgeting anything....looking forward to meeting and learning a few things from you more experienced brothers......

13. butch fulk

butch fulk New Member

State:
    Charlotte, Mich
    aug 9 is fine with me i will be there.

14. eyeguy

eyeguy New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I am trying to get the time off to attend the gathering. I posted on Local Michigan Talk but I have had no response. I will need directions from Grand Rapids or Lansing (I live in Cadillac) to the location. Are you planning to start Friday evening or Saturday morning. I have a tent, cot and sleeping bag what else besides dishes to pass and fishing equipment should I bring?
    eyeguy

15. ROYDOG

ROYDOG New Member

State:
    Charlotte, Mich
    well i hope you can make it....as far as what else to bring: maybe a few stories and jokes and yes some money to lose at poker and horse shoes.............LOL! I will have sloppy joes and some hamburgers chips and a few other snacks whatever you bring i am sure it will be fine!!!

16. michiganwhitetailRLM

State:
    MI
    My wife and daughter will be there for sure along with a few friends. I have a couple of three man tents and can bring a few dishes to pass. See ya'll in a few weeks:0a22:..............rick!

17. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    Wish I could make it, hope you all have a great time.
    T