Michael Vick sentenced to 23 months

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by SpaceAce, Dec 10, 2007.

1. SpaceAce

SpaceAce New Member

State:
    w
  2. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    23 years is not enough IMO:angry::angry::angry:

3. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I think he is stupid for blowing his career.
    Was set for life the legal way and blew it.

4. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    He should have used Roosters....

5. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    :0a28:

a slap on the wrist is what it is. if it had been a regular citizen it would have been worse. That is what good lawyers can get for rich people.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I agree with this 100%.
    He should have got the max even though that still wasn't enough!

7. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    He got off easy. I just hope they treat him well in prison. :smile2: He will have a new multi million dollar contract before he gets out in a few months for good behavior.:sad2:

8. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    that is what bothers me the most I think, the greed of some owners is bigger than the reputation and the risk of having something worse happen by one of the employees.
    If I spend time in jail for whatever reason that record will stay with me forever, but because of these athletes skill and ability, teams will always be willing to take a risk on someone like that. For the average Joe life is much more difficult, companies will definatly think twice befor hiring someone with a record. For them athletes is just a "mistake", for a regular person is a criminal record. Look how much packman Jones has done, if I did half what hes done I would be out of a job.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    The legal systems shows weakness again. Money talks. Where has are justice gone?

10. SpaceAce

SpaceAce New Member

State:
    w
    He is in federal prison which means no parole. Even if he is given time served that only amounts to 2 months off his sentence. He still faces trial in Virginia for other dog fighting related charges, so more time could be coming. He is going to miss two more NFL seasons, IMO he is done playing football. He was an average QB at best, his running was way better than his passing and being away from the field for 3 seasons is not going to help him at all.
    Good Riddance and all the kids who looked up to you hopefully now see you for the garbage you are.

11. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    That doesn't even mean he is going to play football again.

Goodel hasn't said how long his suspension is gonna last. And considering how he has been so far, he might not start the suspension until Vick gets out. We can only hope.

12. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    I am not holding my breath on VA doing very much more to him but we can hope. I figure he got the worst part of his punishment and will serve it in a shortened federal sentence. I hope he is finished in the NFL but I don't think he is. Goodel has shown a stronger stance on things like this but I think Vick will be back in the NFL soner or later. I agree that he was never very good at QB but he has a set of wheels under him and teams will look at him in the future. Just my opinion.

Thanks
    David

13. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    yes, I agree he is not a very good passer but he is an exciting runner, and he can put bodies in those seats, do you thing Joey can do that? No. More people in the stadium means more money all around, parking, food and drinks, souveniers, ......
    That is were the greed from the owners will influence the decision of taking him back, maybe not in Atlanta but someone will hire him. Look at Tank Jonhson, he got a job at Dallas before his punishment was half way done. I bet it would be the same for MV.

14. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    LOL!! Good one Shane. I could see the Headlines already, "Vick arrested for Cock Fighting."ROTFL! In my opinion, Vick wasn't even that good of a quarterback. He only completed about 40% of his passes didn't he? You guys are right though, he will get his sentence reduced and get off early. We will see him on the field again, you can count on that. If Ricky Williams can go to Jamaica and smoke weed, and get back into the league, Vick will definatley be in uniform again possibly with the Falcons.:angry:

15. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    If he does pig out and not watch what he eats in jail, he will come out 215 and never play football again.

16. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Million dollar arm.... ten cent head.... A mediocre quarterback, at best. He's a freakishly talented athelete, who was exciting to watch when he scrambled. But, 30 isn't that far away, and he's only going to get slower. His career's done. He'll make a try at a comeback, but he won't have anything to sell.

Jon